𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭. 𝟏

Today was warm

Today was warm. The usual blue sky faded into a creamy orange, giving off a perfect afternoon. The sun slowly drifted downwards, getting ready to sleep for the day as the moon will soon take its place.

On the sidewalk, a young woman was seen along the path. She panted softly under her breath, carrying a heavy bucket filled to the brim with water. Walking down the familiar path, she took in the comforting silence with the additional natural sounds surrounding the place.

The day was really nice. Too bad that it will be evening soon. After a few more minutes of walking, she was met with the familiar sight of her home. Walking inside, she placed the bucket down and took a seat.

She huffed with relief, her hand resting on the bump on her stomach. It was a bit harder to do chores around the house with a baby growing inside her and with another child to take care of, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Speaking of the other child... the woman looked over to her side to check on her first born. However, she was met with the sight of an empty bed with a cat resting next to it. She leaned forward, trying to get a better view.

"(y/n)?" She called out. She was met with silence. She stood up, raising a brow with confusion. She swore before she went out her baby was resting...

"Where did you go, (y/n)?" She called out again. Once again, she didn't get anything in response. Concern started to bubble up inside her. Before she could distress anymore, her ears picked up babbling noises from her side.

She widened her eyes a bit from the sudden noise. She turned her head towards the source, "(y/-" Before she could utter another word, she was met with a mop of (h/c) hair in front of her. But, she paused when she noticed that her baby was holding a boulder half his size.

"Ta-da!" The child giggled out as he held the rock proudly, a large smile stretching across his face as drool seeped from the corner of his mouth. His mother screamed at the sight, absolutely baffled with the situation.

Of course she would panic, her 14 month old child was carrying a rock that could crush him! She stumbled back before falling on her bottom, shock written all over her face as she stared back at her child.