about hobie's age...

So... if you've been in ATSV fandom for a while, you would know that a bunch of people are split.

If you don't know what I mean, let me explain. There's this popular ship called Punkflower, which is the name for Miles x Hobie.

'Punk' comes from spiderpunk, as 'Flower' is used for Miles because one of his favorite song is Sunflower by Post Malone (such a banger and I was obsessed with it when I was younger)

Before I get into the drama, let me clarify everyone's age.

Miles morales: 14 (into the spiderverse) → 15/16 (Across spiderverse)

Gwen Stacy: 15 (into the spiderverse) → 16/17 (Across the spiderverse)

Pavitr: 14/15 (Across spiderverse)

(Y/N) Kanroji: 15 (into the spiderverse) → 16 (Across the spiderverse)

I always put the reader a middle age towards the love interests so it seems a bit fair and reasonable.

Now, people are getting worked up because we don't really have a confirmed age for Hobie.

He's really tall (canonically like 6'4") and lanky, so many people believe he's a young adult. (even though teenagers can be so fuckin' massive because ive definitely seen some teens be so tall and they're only 13-17)

Because of this, many people harassed the shippers. Personally, I think that's messed up because I don't really blame the shippers because the age wasn't confirmed.

However, I see where the anti's are coming from because Hobie does look like a young adult.

Now appearently, there may have been some confirmation of his age at the moment. (Im not sure if it will change in the future considering the other movie coming out, but I'll work with what we got)

First off, if anyone has tik tok (which I hope burns) and hang around the ATSV tag, you have probably seen the clip where the directors are in an interview.

As many as you guys might know, the clip was shown to say that the directors were talking about Hobie's character designs.

The clip said that he was this 19-20 year old, tall dude and kinda a dork and then they cut the clip right there.

Now, obviously people are gonna believe that and jump the gun because its the internet so they automatically went to go attack punkflower and chaiflower (Pavitr x Hobie) shippers.

But, I watched the full podcast scene and what the clip didn't include was that they scrapped that idea and his age is up to interpretation by one of the directors.

They were also talking about like this Prowler Hobie, not the Hobie we got in the final movie. So tik tok is just pulling the clip out of context and giving away information that's not true (not surprised)

Now, I'll try to answer the best of my ability to the things people said.

"He's so tall so he is an adult!"

Appearence ≠ age (except the 1000 year old lolis but thats a different story) I probably assume you're not outside enough because teenagers can definitely be really tall.