08

-Alastair Diaz-
*TW*

Aliyah's been living here for a few months now, most days it's hard to be by her.

I don't fucking know why I keep thinking about her, so damn much. Other days, I don't think about her, much.

Even though it's my day off, I'm still working, from home at least. I have to get this shit done.

I couldn't finish it last night, since Claire needed me for something, and then my fucking father came over saying how he's going to take Claire for the day.

I'm not happy about it, I had no energy to argue with him, so I agreed, I know deep down Claire wanted me to not argue as much as she wanted me to argue.

I try and ignore the relationship we have with our father and get work done.

⋆⭒˚.⋆

I can't fucking focus with the fact he's with Claire right now is fucking bothering me, becuase if he has one, one drink, he'll be a shit head to her.

I've seen it, and I know how he gets when drunk, I know how many fights he's gotten in with my mother, because I had to stop them all.

The first time I stopped one, I was ten, and Claire was just five, not knowing what was happening

My head turns to the door as the yelling gets worse and back to Claire who's staring up at me.

"What's happening?" She asks, I shake my head "don't worry, I'll find out, can you do something for me?" I ask her hoping she'll cooperate.

Claire nods her head slowly and I let out a breath of relief "go in the closet and I'll be back, here take my phone and listen to music or something." I hand her my phone along with a pair of earbuds.

Claire takes them "but why?" She asks, I look back at the door and I already know what's happening outside of it.

"I'm gonna go get us some snacks, and we can watch a movie or something when I'm back." I tell her, Claire's eyes light up and she nods with a smile.

I sigh and walk with her to my closet, she sits in the closet and goes on my phone finding something to watch

And once I know she's distracted I leave her with the door closed going downstairs.

"Please Marcus, the kids they're still awake." My mother pleads he shoves her to the floor making her wince

My mothers eyes flicker to me and her eyes widened "A-Alastair what are you doing? You're supposed to be asleep." My father looks at me.

"Go upstairs." He grits pointing at me, I shake my head "Then leave her alone." I say.

My father walks towards me "Marcus- what are you doing-" he cuts her off screaming at her.

"I'll tell you one last time. Go. Upstairs."

"Then stop screaming at her."

I get pushed back and my head hits something. Something sharp.

It was the mantel he had pushed me into.

My hand goes to my head and I find blood covering my fingers, "you hurt him.." my mother mumbled to my father

"He'll have to get used to it with the life he'll have soon, he's fine." He had said walking off, mumbling something.

"I'm sorry mamma" I tell her. She shakes her head, wipes away her tears and grabs me "don't worry Alastair, you're only a kid, I'm okay, now let's have Clarissa help you." She says taking my hand bringing me upstairs (mom)