𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑰: 𝑯𝒂𝒊𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒖

evermore

evermore

written by: flowercarnage

𝗔 𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗗 𝗚𝗔𝗦𝗣 was heard throughout the room. The girl that Kie and Nezuko rescued just regained her consciousness.

Mayu woke up sweating profusely; what the heck happened? She feels like she just got out of a nightmare. Mayu tried to stand, but she failed to do so; her head hurts like hell. She looked around her, and finding the house unfamiliar, she panicked a little.

Mayu was startled when the door beside her suddenly opened, showing a boy around the age of six. The boy in front of her has spiky black hair, a pair of deep red eyes, and a beauty mark under his right eye. She flinched a little when the boy suddenly yelled.

"Mom! Sis! The girl is awake!" the voice of the young boy chirped and sounded excited called her mother and sister, who were both in the kitchen cooking. 

Another pair of dark red eyes that belonged to a young girl were now on Mayu. She looked between the two people in front of her and presumed that they were siblings.

"Takeo, Hanako, it's better to give her space." A gentle feminine voice was heard, and Mayu assumed that this woman must be their mother. Besides the mother, a girl and a boy with a toddler on his back also went to the room you were staying in.

Without any warning, Mayu started to tear up. The tears started to flow, and she just let them happen. Mayu cried without even making a sound; she just felt like she needed to cry. Were they tears of happiness or sadness? Perhaps tears of desperation?

Mayu has no idea; she was probably just overwhelmed by everything that happened. Wait, what happened again? How come she doesn't remember anything? What's her name again?

Her train of thoughts got interrupted when a young girl's voice echoed in her ears. "Oh mom! She's crying!", The young girl named Hanako came closer to you, nervously trying to figure out a way to comfort you.

Their mom let out a little chuckle before giving her attention to the crying girl. "Haibara-san, you don't need to worry anymore. You're safe now", the older female said with a smile, trying to assure the seemingly clueless and confused girl.

The said girl suddenly stopped. The next words she uttered made the Kamado Family more worried for the girl's well-being.

"Haibara? Is that my name?" Mayu asks the family, confusion visible in her face. 

Kamado Kie didn't know what to do and what to say in this moment. The girl she rescued with her daughter seems to have no recollection of what happened before they found her on the freezing lake.

Tanjiro, on the other hand, broke the awkward silence in the room to explain the situation to the girl. "Well, we found a handkerchief on your luggage, and a name was embroidered over it, so we assumed that the name on the handkerchief was yours," Tanjiro explained calmly.

"Really? Then what's the name that's supposedly on my handkerchief?" Her voice came out more like a whisper. 

"Haibara Mayu, we assumes that it is your name, Haibara-san", Kie replied to her question.

"Haibara Mayu, huh?" Mayu whispered absentmindedly. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

𝗙𝗘𝗪 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 after the conversation with Mayu, the Kamado Family decided to leave her alone for a moment and give her enough space for herself. 

Kie decided to take care of her husband who just got home from selling charcoal in the village. The father and also the head of the Kamado family, Kamado Tanjuro heard Mayu's situation from her wife and children.

Tanjuro has no problem letting the young girl stay at their house; after all, it's pretty dangerous to let a young girl stay on her own, let alone a girl who has no recollection of her life before all of this happened.

Tanjuro sat down on their home's porch to relax as he ate the food her wife had prepared for him. Lately, his body has been deteriorating, but he doesn't have the slightest idea on what kind of illness he have. 

Well, it's not like they have enough money to buy medicine, but he thinks that it's better if the money he's earning as a coal burner is spent on his children. Calling a doctor is also pretty hard, considering they live on a mountain.

He watched his younger children play with each other in the snow while his eldest son was busy helping his mother sweep the floor. They might not be rich and privileged enough, but surely he will make sure that his children are raised with love.

His course of thought was interrupted when the door behind him opened, revealing a young girl with black hair and pale skin.

Making eye contact with the girl, Tanjuro noticed that the girl froze for a moment, before regaining her composure and giving him a smile.

Tanjuro gladly smiled back on her and was a little shocked when the girl softly gasped while pointing her index finger at him.

When Mayu realized that her action may have been rude to the man, she instantly bowed her head to apologize.

"Ah— sorry if I startled you, sir. It's just that your earrings are quite familiar."

𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗦:

• mayu's character were based on inuyasha's kikyo and jouran's yukimura sawa.

• mayu's surname were based on detective conan's haibara ai.

• the author's image of mayu is jouran's yukimura sawa.

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:

the second chapter is up! i'm trying my best on writing a long chapter but it seems like i can't do it at the moment.

i also want to apologize for the switching point of views. i actually suck on describing so i hope you guys understand.

actually, i have a lot of plan in my mind for this book but i can't find the right words to use when writing.

the next chapter will have a four year timeskip meaning, we'll be on the first episode of the anime already (i think?)