Chapter 28

Ang kaninang tapang ay nawala bigla and before I knew it, I am already running away from them. It hurts so much! He kissed her! He f*cking did! I couldn't take it!

Patuloy lang ako sa pagtakbo, kahit na wala nakong makita dahil sa labis na pagluha. I saw a light and heard a loud noise, before I found myself on the other side of the road. Nabangga ako dahil sa patuloy na pagtakbo.

"My baby..."

Huling bulong ko bago dumilim ang paligid.

It's been 2 years since it happened, at hanggang ngayon sariwa parin sa akin. I had miscarriage and I regret it! Dapat ay mas naging maingat ako nung araw na yun, para sana hindi nagiisa si Luna ngayon. Huli ko nalaman na kambal pala ang dala dala ko, pero dahil sa lakas ng impact ng nangyaring aksidente, I lost Moon.

"Hailey..."

Natauhan ako when she called me.

"Hey Matilda..."

I respond to the best friend of my mother. I met her at the same day the accident happened, ang driver niya kasi ang nakabangga sa akin. I recognized her face because of the picture, my mom gave me. Hindi rin kasi nag bago ang mukha nito kahit may edad na. She's like a living vampire! On the other hand, she recognized me because of the resemblance of my mom. Eversince then, she became my second mother.

"Nakatulog na si Luna anak...?"

She asked while walking towards me, I gave her a smile and nod.

"So how's my daughter, what are you thinking...?"

Tanong niya ng tuluyang makalapit sa akin. I hug her, I hug Mommy Matilda tightly before answering her.

"I was just thinking of that day, Ma."

"Are you still blaming yourself anak..?"

She asked with worried eyes before hugging me back. I nodded, and hug her even more.

"Anak, It's not your fault. There are just some things, that's beyond our control."

She said while caressing my hair.

"I know Ma... but, don't you think  my child Moon is blaming me for being reckless... If I didn't run that day, only if I--"

My voice broke, she caught me off.

"Shh... Hush Anak. I'm sure your child Moon, understand."

Hindi ko mapigilang mapaiyak when she said that.

"Moon will get hurt if you keep blaming yourself."

She added before withdrawing from our hug, to gently wipe my tears, and then, she walk towards the window in front of us, to open it.

"Hailey Anak, The Moon is shining so bright tonight isn't it...? So don't live in darkness."

I end up crying again because of her warm words. Mommy Matilda really knows how to make me speechless, and she always do her best to comfort me. I can't imagine my life without her.

"Are you not going to sleep yet Ma..?"

Tanong ko matapos kumalma.

"Hmp! Ayaw mo na ko kausap...?"

She joked that made me  chuckled. She's always like this, matured and yet childish.

"Of course not Mama!"

Natatawang sagot ko.

"Hindi you don't want to talk to me na talaga!"

She playfully said that made me frozed. Nabitin sa ere ang mga tawa ko, I remember him. Ganto siya magsalita. My heart ached, after all these years I still can't forget him.

"Hey are you okay?"

Mommy Matilda asked, pero imbes boses niya ang marinig, boses ni Verzine ang narinig ko. Ito rin kasi ang tanong niya sakin when I first met him. It brings back, so much memories.

"Anak ayos ka lang ba?"

She asked for the second time.

"Ayos lang po ako Mommy, I just remembered something."

I respond with a smile.

"Oh okay. Anyway, it's getting late you should go to bed."

She said while walking towards the door.

"You too Mama."

I answered, she nodded and smile before closing the door of my room. 

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. For some reason, memories of him hunts me. I found myself walking towards my cabinet, where I put all my canvas and painting materials.

Kinuha ko ang mga kailangan ko, bago pumunta sa may balcony ng aking kwarto. I set up my canvas and started to paint it, using my favorite brush. I closed my eyes as I remember the most wonderful, and unforgettable thing that ever happened, between me and him.

Under the Moonlight, I skillfully stroke my brush painting that night. I defined his perfectly shape face, especially his sharp jaw. His thick eye brows, and hazel nut eyes that full of lust, down to his pointed noise, and red rosy lips. It took me hours to finish my painting, that's why I can't help but to smile after I finish my master piece.

I painted him, making love to me from behind. Sa lahat ng naipainting ko, dito lang namula ang pisnge ko. This is also the first time that I ever paint something like this, usually kasi ang pinapaint ko ay nature, mga magagandang tanawin. Well...I think this is counted as nature too and for me, this is the most wonderful scenery.

Kahit hindi maganda ang nangyari samin, I can't help but to miss him. Wala nakong balita sa kanya, simula nang dalhin ako dito ni Mama sa Japan. Ang huling balita ko na lang ay ikakasal na siya kay Roxie. I was hurt when I heard that news, pero tinatagan ko ang loob ko para sa anak ko. Pinagbawalan ako ni Mama na makibalita pa, when she saw me crying so hard because of it.

I tried so hard to get mad at him, but it turns out that all this years, I was just badly hurt. Hindi ko magawang magalit sa kanya, dahil mas nangingibabaw pa din ang pagmamahal ko. Sa kabila ng lahat ng nangyari, I still love him  so much. For years, I tried to hate him but I couldn't.

I tried to moved on with my life pero, walang lumipas na araw na hindi ko siya naisip, kagaya ngayon. Everything reminds me of him, kahit san ako lumingon siya ang nakikita ko, and that's the reason why I didn't dare to date anyone for the past years.
No one in this galaxy, can replace Verzine Draze Galaxus. It's either him or no one else.