PUNISHMENT

There was no name that he could remember- an identity that was forgotten after breaking under extreme torture where he had lost both his eyes followed by the ability to walk thus the male used his wounded hands to drag himself to the front of the horrendous dark cell when the food was thrown to him like an animal.

No, even a pest would not live such a life.

It was as if the goddess wished for him to suffer till eternity and then fall into the kingdom of King of hell and then suffer more.

Spider webs marred the walls that were once considered a place of austerity, countless young females have cried and given up their lives here and maybe their hopeless numb eyes that turned demonic after being killed as they themselves reincarnated into a ghoul were now smirking as they saw him day and night paying for the sins.

Soiled food infested with insects was given to him every three days accompanied by a pot of dirty water that smelled foul. Who would have imagined that a prince of Gaerin- raised and born in extravagance would have such a glorious first half life accompanied by another half that resembled dark deep pits of hell.

It was the blooded brother of previous monarch, King Kyzm's brother- Prince Ragel.

"This son must return father's kindness thousands of folds, one has lost one's pure and innocent mother yet one shall have father remain alive till one lives. One would not let father die before one."

Those were the chilling words that left Archduke Aeon when he had came to see the captured Prince Ragel. Everyday was like a new nightmare but as Aeon promised there was no redemption or death...under no circumstance he would let Ragel commit suicide.

Years ago when Empress Supreme was seated on the throne, her majesty announced that Empress Mother Daphne, Emperor Kyzm, Prince Ragel and Prince Zorah would be given poison and thus the common mass had considered that their ruler was just and very kind and even after being tormented by such heinous crimes commited by her family members- Her Highness Empress had the heart to forgive.

Who had known that she was a demoness in facade of a fairy and never granted such easy deaths to them?

Crown Prince Zorah had his four limbs tied to horses in four directions and then his body was tore apart to shreds.

It was a punishment banned by the previous monarchs considering its inhumane nature yet the Empress brought it back just to see Zorah dying the most painful death.

Empress mother Daphne was given to Great Grand Empress Belithia so that the Grand empress could play with the Daphne till death.

King Kyzm was still alive with his whereabouts still unknown and Ragel was given to Aeon.

Archduke Aeon dragged him to the same place where his mother spent his last days.

Such was the description of Prince Ragel in the letter received by Prince Baez making him feel unfathomable.

It was just three years ago that he had gone to Gaerin and everything was still in place, Prince Ragel was an accomplice that was of great help to Baez thus after removing his brother from throne he would have again offered his sister Princess Quare to the prince like all those years ago just to pull Gaerin closer and make his subjects beleive that he was the true Sun of Empire- the real ascendent of previous great monarch Emperor Heun.

But now nothing was as he had left those years ago, neither Prince Ragel nor Emperor Kyzm and above all where was Princess Semeara(Lilith disguised)?

Such a regal woman that he always wished to conquer...was she killed too by the new emperor?

What was the new monarch called?

Empress Supreme Her majesty Lilith.

But wasn't that the name of General Azarios's legal wife General Lady Lilith?

Baez felt his heart trembling with a feeling never known, the general's wife as he had investigated was not a maid as told by General Azarios, was not from capital and as far as he remembered Countess Jillian accused her of meeting at the borders of Ambrose and Gaerin.

The Asiatic lion that appeared on the day of banquet.

Killing of Countess Jillian

Killing of Darrin's Princess

Banishment of Cecelia- the prime minister's daughter.

Why would the general go to such lengths for a maid?

And the last and final nail in the coffin- the couple disappearing.

Chrysanthemum flowers decorated lavishly in a jade pot were thrown to the wall in fury as they crashed and broke into millions of small pieces.

The general had long known her identity but played with so many of them, he had rebellious heart from the starting and it was only now that he could act.

Princess Semeara.... He must have her now that he was seated on the throne.

Will update tomorrow 💕