Chapter 27

Yes of course I remember, how could I forget how you feel?
You know you were my first time, a new feel
It will never get old, not in my soul, not in my spirit, keep it alive
We'll go down this road 'til it turns from color to black and white
Or do you not think so far ahead
Cause I been thinking bout forever, ooh
Or do you not think so far ahead
Cause I been thinking 'bout forever, ooh

- 'Thinkin Bout You'  - Frank Ocean

~15 years later~

"Korra! Rhea! Your mother needs help with dinner!", Neteyam's voice sounded deep and commanding as he called out to his two daughters, who were talking with some of their friends. 
Korra nodded before saying goodbye to the others, and advancing towards their family hut. She stopped when she noticed Rhea wasn't following her.
Korra scratched her throath while crossing her arms, "Uhm, excuse me."
Rhea rolled her eyes as she turned towards her older sister, "Oh come on, mom doesn't need both of us for dinner! We were going to explore the reef!" Rhea's eyes seemed innocent, but this act never worked on her sister.
Korra raised her eyebrows, "Yeah no, that might work on dad, but not on me. Let's go." She grabbed Rhea's arm and pulled her away from their friends. Korra was a bit bigger than Rhea, but more importantly, a lot stronger. She was an incredibly gifted warrior, and had an amazing physique. Rhea knew she couldn't get away from her sister's grip so she let her drag her along.

Aliyah's face lit up as she saw her daughters, "Ah, finally! We have a lot of things to prepare, the whole family's coming together tonight, remember?"
Korra smiled as she sat down next to her mother, and giving a meaningful look to her younger sister.
Rhea sighed, "Mom, do I really have to help? Korra's better at this stuff anyway. You know I can't cut up the pieces the way you like."
Aliyah laughed, "Oh, Rhea, it doesn't matter how they're cut. Just sit down, please."
Defeated, Rhea sat down and followed Korra's instructions as she cut up several fruits and pieces of meat. Each month, the whole family gathered for a fun evening together, and even though she hated the preparations, she was very excited to see her cousins. They saw each other almost every day since they lived in the same village, but the family party was a different kind of fun. 

Neteyam entered the hut with his 8-year-old son jumping up and down with joy as he approached his mother. He threw his arms around her neck, "Mom! I caught a big fish today!"
Aliyah gasped dramatically, "Oh, that's amazing, Tomi!"
Neteyam smiled as he ruffled his son's hair, "He did it all by himself, too." He kneeled down and placed his hands on either side of his son's face, "I'm proud of you, son."
Aliyah's eyes twinkled as she saw her mate's affection towards their son. Neteyam was an amazing father to all their children, but she knew he really wanted a son to share his traditions with. 
Tomi giggled as he jumped around the hut and annoyed his sisters by yelling about his accomplishment of the day. Korra and Rhea loved their little brother though, so they didn't really mind this interruption. 
Aliyah frowned as she lowered her voice so only Neteyam would hear her, "I love our son, 'Tey, but he's such a wild child. He's so chaotic!" She watched as Tomi attempted to surprise Rhea, but he missed his target and fell forward. Aliyah sighed,  "And he doesn't ever think things through."
Neteyam grinned as he stuck his tongue in his cheek. Aliyah raised an eyebrow as she nudged his arm, "What?"
He shrugged, "Nothing. Just that, you do realize that he's exactly like his mother, right?"
Aliyah scoffed, "I was not that bad!"
Neteyam laughed, "You dragged me along to attack a settlement of the Sky People on an impulse, remember?"
Aliyah rolled her eyes, "That was perfectly planned, and a grand succes, might I add."
Neteyam smirked as he kissed his wife's lips softly, "Sure, sweetheart."
Aliyah squinted her eyes but quickly kissed him back while he placed a hand on her growing belly. She was currently pregnant with their fourth and fifth child, and she felt like she was almost ready to give birth.
Neteyam placed gentle kisses on her huge belly, "You're really so beautiful when you're pregnant with my children."
Aliyah groaned, "Well, enjoy it while it lasts then, because once these twins are born, it's over forever. I'm tired of pushing your children out of me!"
Neteyam laughed, "My love, it is Eywa who decides how many children she will bless us with."
Aliyah raised her eyebrows as she poked a finger in his side, and she lowered her voice, "I would say it's my choice whether we have S-E-X or not!"
Neteyam's lips came closer to her ear as his voice turned into a deep whisper, "Oh please, you want me too much to stop doing that." 
Aliyah's cheeks turned red, "I hate that you're right." Even after years of being together, he still made her feel like a teenager with raging hormones when he spoke to her like that. Neteyam placed a hand on her throat to pull her lips against his, which made butterflies rage around in her stomach.
Rhea pretended to throw up, "Ew! Gross!" Korra covered Tomi's eyes as she distracted him by giving him a piece of fruit.
Aliyah rolled her eyes, "Soon, you'll all feel the same way about someone and I'll be there to make the very same comments."
Rhea smirked as she noticed someone approaching the family hut, "Maybe sooner than you'd expect, mom."