s i x

The thief played disgustingly with a few strands of his newly dyed blue hair as he looked at himself in the mirror

The thief played disgustingly with a few strands of his newly dyed blue hair as he looked at himself in the mirror. He grimaced as he practically glared scrutinisingly at his reflection in disgust.

"Ugh. This damn mask is scratching at my face, Kai!"

The younger boy groaned in frustration as Taehyun found yet another thing to complain about as he stared at his image in the full length mirror stood against the wall.

"Hold on, Tae. Hand me the duct tape."

The older boy turned to him, confused, but nonetheless still taking a few steps towards a storage cupboard, trusting that maybe Kai had some weird trick up his sleeve.

"What do you want the duct tape for?"

"So that I can shut your damn mouth with it."

Taehyun paused, letting out a scoff and retracting his hand.

"Shut the fuck up, Kai."

"Shut the fuck up, Kai," the younger boy mimicked, eliciting a small gasp from Taehyun. Kai continued. "If I have to listen to another second of you whining like a damn child, I swear, I'll — "

"What, hm? You'll what?"

The frown remained on the blond's face but he ignored Taehyun's challenging tone.

"Whatever. We don't have time for this. Here."

He handed the older thief the invitation and ID that he was supposed to be using. Taehyun practically snatched it from him. Kai let out a, slightly exaggerated, mortified gasp.

"Easy with it, would you! You'll rip the damn thing."

Taehyun merely shrugged him off as he eyed the cards in his hand. He let out a puff of air through his nose in disgust. His face then contorted into a grimace as he reached up to scratch at the back of his neck.

"Fu...can you cut this stupid-ass label?"

Taehyun grabbed at the back of his black high-collared tuxedo jacket and pulled at it. Underneath, his skin was red, scratched almost raw, a result of the label irritating his neck.

Kai's gaze softened as he caught a glimpse.

"Alright, Tae. I'll get it, give me a second. Don't touch it."