s e v e n t e e n

"Kai

"Kai."

"I'm here. By the west wing's gate."

"Hold on," Taehyun paused where he was, bracing himself against the brick wall of one of the buildings in the estate. With his free hand, he pressed on the device hidden under his collar, bringing the fabric closer to his mouth. "Did you say... west?"

"Yeah. I'm parked down the street from the gate."

"Shit, Kai. I'm by the damn South Gate!" He whisper-yelled into the tiny radio he had had with him since he entered the property.

There was silence for a while.

"...Well, damn. Can you make it here? Or do you need me to drive there?"

"Take a - just drive here."

Taehyun let out a groan, a mixture of both frustration and pain. The sound of the continuous, jarring alarm plus the fact that the bright lights were repeatedly circling around him put his senses into overdrive. So much so that he felt that he was on the brink of almost tearing his hair out.

Before he could talk to Kai though, someone practically barrelled into him, forcing him into the narrow pathway between two structures. The brick wall was rough against his back as he was pressed against it while a hand covered his mouth.

The thief found himself staring into the familiar eyes of the guard.

"Are you stupid, Kang?!" She pressed herself more firmly against him. "The entire security team is looking for you and you're just standing out in the open! With your stupid bright blue hair! Do you have no spatial awareness?!"

Taehyun just raised a brow, his good eye flicking down to her hand that was still concealing his mouth. A flicker of mischief danced in the depths of his iris and Haneul didn't miss it. When she felt his lips part beneath her palm, she instinctively withdrew. But not before his tongue had peeked out, leaving a damp trail on her fingers.

"Ew! You're absolutely disgusting!" Haneul disgustingly wiped her hand on his shirt, not even realising that she was harshly rubbing it against his pectoral. Taehyun chose not to mention that though.

"Payback, darling," he replied, calmly. "You licked my hand earlier, remember?"

"Shut your damn mouth, thief. How did you even get out?"

Taehyun scoffed as if whatever he had done was the easiest thing in the world.

"I'm a renowned thief. I've gotten out of more places than I can count," he so clearly boasted. "You know how I work. Kai formed a little distraction and that was all that I needed. Had a little something in my shoe to help with the locks. Thought I was being smart. But I could've put it in my pocket and they still wouldn't have noticed. What, with how busy they were beating me up. Lovely colleagues you have here, darling. Do they almost fracture all your prisoners' ribs or was I just a special case?"