7

We got home from the party around 1 in the morning. Evelyn was half asleep and father had one of the guards take her to a guest room. I didn't even check to make sure she was fine, I just went to my room and was out like a light.

I woke up at 5, and made my way to the house gym to exercise. I know with Evelyn around, I probably won't be able to train. She would notice and tell her cousin; father and I agreed that it wasn't worth the risk.

After exercising, I took a long soak in the tub and changed into a pair of black and white checkered pyjama shorts, a hot pink sleeveless crop top and a grey hoodie.

I left my room with the intention of making my way to the dining room when I saw Evelyn stumbling towards me while looking very confused. She was wearing a pair of white cotton shorts and a white hoodie, when she raised her hands a sliver of skin peeked out from her waistband. Her hair was in a messy bun at the top of her head and she was wearing brown crocs.

A part of me wanted to shove her into my room and make her change because I know how people will stare and sexualize her. But another part of me didn't want to dim the smile that she had, so I let her be.

"Hey," she rushed over to me, "I asked the men outside my room to lead me to you. Is that okay?"

"It's fine," I assured her, "It's time for breakfast anyways; let's go."

I'm beginning to understand that Evelyn either hates silence or just can't stand it because she delved into a conversation with me. I was only half paying attention, I was busy sending death glares to the men who stared at her legs for longer than they should have.

When I got the dining room, I was shocked to see Giovanni and Mario there. I looked at my father with questions in my eyes but he didn't answer, he simply gestured for us to take a seat.

Evelyn said hi to everyone in a chirpy tone, and although Giovanni was respectful and didn't stare at her, I couldn't say the same about Mario, he blatantly stared at her. Evelyn either didn't notice or didn't care because she sat next to me and piled pancakes and syrup onto her plate.

Father and his en continued speaking to themselves in hushed tones while she continued the conversation she started on the way here.

I could see that her chatter was irritating father, but he wouldn't say anything to her in case she reported back to her cousin.

Honestly, this was the most fun I have ever had at breakfast. The way she spoke about things, it was like she was genuinely in awe. She had this aura of excitement and glee that I felt was completely contagious.

After eating, she thanked father profusely for the meal while saying it was the best she has ever had. Even father didn't know how to respond to that, he just nodded.

I walked her back to her room, and she asked if we would start the wedding planning today. I explained to her that today is for resting and I would give her a tour of the house.

I waited until she walked into her room before I made my way back to mine.

I spent my day huddled in my room. Normally, I would be training but with Evelyn in the house, it is very risky for me to train, and I know my Mario and Giovanni are still around so I am trying to avoid them.

The next best thing would be for me to try to hang out with Evelyn, but honestly, I am not really in the mood. She seems like a cute kid, but my social meter for the day has been depleted already, and I don't want to be mean to her.

I took out my kindle from my drawer, picked a random book and started reading.

My father wasn't very supportive of my reading habits growing up. In fact, one day when I was nine, he found me at the library, sitting on the floor between the shelves and reading one of the Diary of a Wimpy kid books. He was so furious; he dragged me home and beat me till I passed out.