Page #1

☆*: .。. 🌸 .。.:*☆

When the labor began the pain was more intense than anything Talia had ever imagined. Nothing could be more brutal, not whips or chains. She would know she experienced it all. Yet it was worth it. The smiles everyone gave her as the love of her life cried. The tiny grabs of her hands. It was truly all worth it. She could imagine herself smiling about it in the future.

It wasn't too long ago that Talia sat in her room with the Empress, Xinyi. Along with the other two concubines in the palace. It was uncomfortable to talk to them with their underhand comments and false compliments.

The only thing that brought comfort to the gathering were the concubines' sons who looked at Talia's unusually large stomach in disbelief. Talia giggled when they flinched at the unborn child kicking at them from inside her stomach.

Her laughs caught the attention of the others that stopped their petty argument to look at the siblings' interaction.

Lady Giovanni frowned at her son patting at Talia's stomach to find another kick. Her dark red lips smacked at the sight as her thin blonde brows pulled together. "Lorenzo come here this instance! That is far too inappropriate." She demanded to the boy who trudged over with a pout. Talia gave a tired smile at the woman.

"Oh it's fine Lady Giovanni, he was just curious. They will be siblings after all." She reassured. The concubine rolled her green eyes at Talia before reaching her olive hand towards her son pulling him to sit beside her. The both of them dressed in maroon with white blouses underneath.

The boy was sporting pants, unlike his mother's flowing dress which was complimented by golden jewelry and a dark floral scarf, draped over her blonde hair.

"It is still inappropriate. Siblings or not, Lady Talia." The woman sounded close to hissing. Talia held in a sigh at her tone. "Of course Lady Giovanni." She simply stated to avoid confrontation.

Giovanni was always rude, without even meaning to on some rare occasions. The woman was bold and incredibly beautiful but she never knew when enough was enough. Talia was sure Yijun would have favored the woman if she wasn't so boisterous and pushy.

Lady Kwan stared at Talia with her hauntingly blank ebony eyes. Before quietly beckoning at her son who scurried to her immediately. The boy always looked frightened near her. Though he seemed to have no reason to as she never physically harmed him. Though Talia knew there were other ways to break someone.

Kwan placed her tea on a table that divided the four women and placed her toddler, dressed in royal blue, on her lap. Her lavender skirt hid her gracefully. It flowed around her like a blooming flower, the bodice the stem as it was colored a minty green. The topcoat was fastened with an asymmetrical pink ribbon. Her smoky black hair which matched her son was pinned up and adorned in gold pins and pearls.

While her beautiful porcelain face was decorated with the slightest amount of rogue around her thin eyes and cheeks. Her pink lips were pulled into their usual joyful smile that never met her eyes.

She smiled at Talia with an underlying hatred. Talia knew because she smiled the same way before she was pulled into a loving home. She felt bad for Kwan but she knew it was too late to help the woman. She could tell she already had plans, Talia could only hope she wasn't involved.

"There's no need to be so abrupt, Lady Giovanni. I'm sure Lady Talia would like our children to be familiar with one another. Maybe so her child will be in high standing with his imperial majesty in the future." Lady Kwan indicated in a relaxed tone while fixing the black cap her son wore.