Page #4

☆*: .。. 🌸 .。.:*☆

The emperor didn't think he could be any more proud. To think his bloom would already be blossoming. She was set for greatness, no matter who said otherwise. She would prove them all wrong and grin her beautiful smile while doing so.
She'd be envied by many. Whether with her beauty, her strength, or her charisma that made everyone beam. She would show them all and excel while doing so and he'd be there for every part of it.

"Papa, will you be to marrying me off?"

Your father's hazel eyes widened at the words that left your mouth.

The man allowed you into his study to substitute his lack of attention for you, though truly he always spoiled you with his presence, but today he just wanted you near.

He knew you'd grow bored of watching him read and sign documents but he couldn't deny his duties, not even for his dear blossom.

Though he grew to regret his decision as he recalled the question you just asked.

He looked toward the front of his desk where you sat facing him blankly.

The gaze on his ten year old daughter remained dazed, your usually bright eyes clouded in thought. Thoughts that neither you nor your father wanted to ponder on.

"My blossom, why would you ask me such a thing?" Yijun frowned deeply, wondering where you got such an idea from.

Practically hearing his thoughts you fiddled with your fingers, letting a teary frown grow on your face.

"Big brother, Lorenzo said you'd marry me away when I grow up. Ji-woo even said we could win favor with other countries when you do. Will you?" You fretted to the man, a frustrated scowl formed on his face.

He grumbled a bit before he placed his ink stained brush to the side and examined your distressed frame.

He'd be sure to scold the boys for teasing you again. Though there was nothing he could do to change their minds. Every word was true, it was in the lessons they learned.

Lessons he'd stop if they affected the siblings so much.

He wanted his children to be close but for some reason, they were always at each other's throats, he'd assume it had to do with the concubines. They were the only ones whose attitudes he couldn't change.

The children shared a father and the three women shared a lover. The children held the same blood while the concubines hoped to spill the others.

He ruined those women's lives, fighting for a love that could only belong to one of them. But none of them could truly be his wife, that was a title given to Empress Xinyi.

Though even with her higher title the woman still saw herself below them as they could easily do something she struggled with for so long. And she was shamed because of it.

The life of a royal was terrible, even for an empress.

It was because of this he knew he'd never let the same happen to you. He hoped to steer you away from being a wife to just any snotty nosed prince or worse some shoddy old bastard.

He'd physically fight to make sure you'd never leave his sight. Though he knew he couldn't stop you from trying. You were far too energetic and curious to remain in the palace as he wanted. You wanted to become something more than his little princess.

You made that clear as soon as you grabbed that wooden sword as a toddler.

Yijun held his head in his grasp as he looked at you with a fond gaze.