Page #6

☆*: .。. 🌸 .。.:*☆

Advisor Huang lost his son. He didn't know how to comprehend it and he'd dealt with far more difficult information being the right hand of the Emperor. Because of his loss, he was allowed a break to plan the funeral for the man. However, that wasn't the only thing the old man had to deal with. For his son's wife died years ago, leaving their child, his grandson.

Huang lived his days in the palace serving Yijun until he fell. He didn't have time for a child but he knew the boy wouldn't be taken to an orphanage, he wouldn't allow it. So with approval, he'd allow the boy to stand beside him as he worked. He hoped the boy would mind the sudden change.

"The farmers in the Yang providence have recently raised an abundance of cattle."

"Tsar Nikolai has an upcoming gathering, you should attend."

"The masonry in the soldiers' training area needs to be repaired."

"There have been spottings of bandits in the Shang Forest!"

The aides of the emperor listed off to him the worries of the day as they usually did. Each took a turn to remind or warn him of what to do. Carrying ink dipped pens they used to mark documents pinned to their handheld boards. They stole glances at the male they worked under waiting for his response to their words.

"It's so beautiful today, don't you think?" Yijun questioned the advisors surrounding his frame. "Maybe I should enjoy a picnic with my children." He hummed in thought.

"W-What?!" They gaped at his words not knowing how to respond but he continued walking down the halls, a skip nearly showing in his step as he did.

The emperor was like this ever since the short break he shared with his heirs. He was friendly and cheerful as he walked the halls. Confusing and scaring every servant he greeted with his unusual happy aura. It was odd to see him grin so brightly.

But being with his children always allowed the handsome smile on his face.

Though the joy he felt slowly dispersed, his grin nearly fell as he reached the large blood red doors hiding his study behind it. He sulked at the sight, he knew he'd have work to finish and problems that he'd have to solve. All while not being able to see his children. He was disheartened at the thought.

Two soldiers guarding his study opened the doors for him.

He faced his aides who tried to follow in his steps, "Tax the farmers' cattle, I refuse to go to that damned Tsar's gathering, and send the soldiers to Shang Forest while the training grounds are mended. You're all dismissed." He swiftly ordered.

The men bow before leaving to fulfill their emperor's orders.

The large doors shut behind him as he made his way to the great mahogany desk that rested in front of a large round window at the back of the room.

As he walked down the long rug that ran through the room he could easily spot Huang who stood beside his desk as well as a small boy that the palace already knew as Huang's only grandson, Xiao.

Huang left the palace days ago and returned with the boy in hopes he could stay.

Yijun could never turn the man down.

This was the perfect time to train an advisor for one of his heirs. And so the boy took in his grandfather's teachings while growing accustomed to life in the palace. Though seeing the boy's saddened features it was clear he was more than homesick.