Page #11

⊱*: .。. ‧₊˚❀‧₊˚. .。.:*⊰

Anxiety gnawed at Talia's insides, making her stomach churn. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong. Hunting was always dangerous, and she of course trusted her emperor to protect his children. But it still felt bad almost foreboding. But she knew she couldn't talk you or your stubborn father from your plans so she seized those thoughts for even more heart pulling ones.

Her heart ached as she thought about Lorenzo and Ji-woo. She felt a deep sense of guilt seeing them look so lackluster around their mothers. It seems the women's attitudes toward them both have done anything but changed. Talia felt responsible, even though she knew she couldn't have prevented their fates. She had always prided herself on being strong and capable, but now she felt powerless and frail. She wondered what the fate of this forlorn family had in store.

⊱*: .。. ‧₊˚❀‧₊˚. .。.:*⊰

The palace corridors buzzed with activity as servants hurried about, their footsteps echoing against the polished marble floors. They darted between rooms, each with a clear purpose: polishing hunting gear, preparing meals, or ensuring the stables were ready.

The air was charged with anticipation, a palpable energy that electrified the atmosphere. Excitement mingled with nervous energy as the servants worked tirelessly, knowing that the success of the hunt rested on their meticulous preparations.

As the sun cast its golden rays through the palace windows, the servants redoubled their efforts, their dedication unwavering as they made the final adjustments before the hunt began. In the corridors of the grand palace, the air crackled with anticipation, a prelude to the thrilling adventure that awaited beyond its walls.

Your mother bustled around the drawing room you all lounged in, helping you prepare for the day's events. "My flower, you look so adorable!" she exclaimed, adjusting the collar of your riding jacket with a motherly touch.

"Mama..." you sighed, swatting your mother's hands away gently.

She huffed playfully before smiling. "Are you ready for the hunt?"

You instantly beamed at her, excitement dancing in your eyes. "Oh, Mama! I've been looking forward to this for months. I'm going to catch everything!" you eagerly cheered, earning a laugh from her.

Zhen suddenly appeared at your side with a haughty look. "I don't think so, Big Sister! I'll bring back everything, maybe even a bear!" he grinned, making you giggle.

"The bear will catch you, silly. That is if you don't end up running," you teased with a smile.

"I won't run! I'll face it head-on!" he argued, puffing his chest out.

You raised a finger with a thoughtful look. "Do you remember Stripes? You couldn't hold him for years!"

Your brother grimaced at the reminder of his first stuffed toy.

"WOAR!" You roared playfully, making him jump, you instantly cackled at his reaction. Even your mother couldn't stop from laughing. The boy's pale face burned a bright red as he pouted at both of you.

"I'm not scared!" Zhen whined, only making you laugh harder.

Before he could retaliate further, the Empress stood from her seat in the room. "Don't be so quick to fly into danger," she lectured, her expression stern as she looked at her son and then at you.