Page #8

General Ryu always found a fond smile playing on his lips when he watched the royal family interact. His emperor raised a beautiful family. Despite his overprotective nature, the emperor always treated you all with respect and equality. He saw potential and believed in each of you. In many ways, Ryu saw himself reflected in the emperor's actions. 

Like Yijun, he would do anything for his family, including respecting their wishes and supporting them in their endeavors. That was why Emperor Yijun wasn't just a ruler to him; he was a friend, a comrade, and a brother in arms. Ryu felt a sense of pride knowing that he had the honor of serving alongside such a great leader. He couldn't help but feel optimistic about what lay ahead for both the emperor and his beloved family.

⊱*: .。. ‧₊˚❀‧₊˚. .。.:*⊰

The resounding clang of the city bell reverberated against the vibrant red walls of the palace, its melodious chime echoing through the bustling city streets and reaching the ornate court it served. Each strike of the bell held significance, a coded message woven into the rings. As the imposing gates of the city swung open in response the bell rang out four times, a signal known to all within earshot.

This distinctive toll marked a singular event, stirring anticipation and excitement among the palace inhabitants and citizens alike.

It could only mean one thing.

"THEY'RE BACK!"

Giggles and huffs sounded inside the gold ornamented palace, a fourteen-year-old girl clad in red and gold sped about in a flurry. She dodged servants and fragile furnishings. Behind her, the advisor in training clung to her arm. His feet barely touched the floor as she hauled him to their destination.

"Your Highness! Please slow down, I'm not as athletic as you!" The poor brunette yelped.

"I can't hear you~" You carried on running, a grin on your face as you made it to the palace entrance, purposely ignoring the boy.

Xiao's face reddened in annoyance as you disregarded him. Your father assigned him as your personal aid seeing as tutoring wasn't his best even with you two now getting along. He'd instead be there for you until the time came for him to become the next royal advisor.

Before the boy was brought to the palace he didn't care much about being anything but the ideal advisor. That's what his grandfather wanted so that's what he'd do. He was angry when he became a tutor for such an unruly princess. Though over the four years, he stood beside you and all the antics you pulled him in, he couldn't find himself any happier.

He'd never tell you that upfront of course.

You were his best friend, his first friend. Though it took a while, you swayed him into speaking your name when it was just you two. Something he still had trouble doing even now. Though you'd teasingly ignore him if he didn't say it.

The boy's face burned as he went to try again, "Y-Y/N please!" He began to stutter, by now you two were outside. With a groan, you turned to the flustered boy who tried fixing his clothing.

You looked at him with a blank expression, "You want me to carry you?" You asked genuinely. Xiao flinched at the thought of being held, by a princess at that.

"O-Of course not! Don't be ridiculous." He huffed crossing his arms, as he imagined the thought.

You squinted your eyes at him before skimming the palace grounds.

Upon the large layout of blank stone, the soldiers would train on, past this grass, and trees were parted for a stone path leading to the place gates. With your strong sight, you could see a large mass making its way to the palace.