What I Want

You sat there in the background watching as Miles and Gwen went on their second date for the week, feeling so jealous you could've become a green monster. Beside you sat Hobie, who didn't seem to be paying them much mind. Miles tells a little joke, and Gwen is all giggling, slapping his shoulder.

You flinch and look away. You shouldn't be feeling this jealous, Miles already rejected you when you told him how you felt. You had to be grateful you two were even still friends.

When the two of them kissed again for the hundredth time that day, you clenched the fork in your hand and bent it backward with your thumb. Hobie noticed, and he raised an eyebrow. "So how are you gonna eat your fries?" "Fingers." You grumbled.

The tall man beside you lets out a very harsh sigh like he's been holding his breath, forcing you to put your jealous emotions aside and pay attention to him. "What?" Hobie shrugs, "nothin." "Oh so you're just not gonna talk?" He shrugs again.

You nod at his silence. "If that's how it's gonna be so be it!" "Aye, I'm not the one acting a fool on my friend's date. That's all I'm gonna say." Hobie goes back to looking at his phone while you prop sorrow staring at Miles and Gwen.

You frown when they fed each other fries, and then you couldn't stand looking any longer when he did something you wished he was just doing to you. The small gesture of brushing her hair out of her eyes, and resting his hand on the side of her face. You look away quickly to the ground and Hobie notices. He stares at you feeling guilty you were going through this torture.

The rest of the day is spent following the two around, faking smiles and faking laughs. Finally Gwen and Hobie were going back to their dimensions! You were almost cheesing when Miles bid them goodbye and gave Gwen one last kiss. For sure they would be back in a week, but at least you wouldn't have to see him and his girlfriend get all lovey dovey.

When they left for good you and Miles gave each other a smile. His was more sad as was really happy. He always reacted this way. "Come on Miles. Don't be so bummed out, you know you're gonna see her again next Saturday."

Miles brushes you off as you two walk home. "Yeahh, but I'm gonna miss my little bunny." Your pupils almost become that of a lizard's and you hold back. "Aw. So sad." You muttered.

You wipe the tear that tried to escape down your face. His hand grabs you by the chin just in time to lift your head upwards. "You okay?" Miles comes in close enough that you can smell the strawberry milkshake he was having earlier. He looks at your face carefully before backing up and slipping his hand in yours.

"Yeah I'm fine. Nothing to see here!" Miles gives you a look that said, come on now stop lying. But you ignore it. He pulls you gently so you're closer and he runs his hand on your back, but it doesn't go any lower. "Okay so this is gonna be a little scary, but this is the fastest way for us to get back home. And..if you feel your phone.."

You both pause so you could feel your phone vibrating in your pocket. You pull it out and look at it seeing multiple messages come in from Rio. You put the phone back in your pocket and you flash him a worried smile. "Are we in trouble?-" "I don't know! I probably forgot to flush or something."

"Sorry what?" Miles whistles, "no time to explain!" "We're not gonna pretend you didn't just say that." Miles gives you a bored look, "get your s/c ass over here let me lift you girl. We're going home spidey style."

You don't complain and you wrap your arms around his neck. Miles raises a brow because he senses that you're tensed. "Are you scared?" He asks you softly. You don't look at him, because as you are this close to him, you have no control. If you look at him you know you're gonna kiss him.