Chapter 6 - Today

Following a long day at Aquatecture, Ember was beyond happy to return home at roughly 5:30 pm. She swung open the door hard with an excitable expression.

"I'm home!" Ember exclaimed.

Wade and the Sea-Near's turned their heads sharply at her, expressing similar joy.

"Ember!" Wade and the Sea-Near's greeted.

Without hesitation, Wade dropped his things and raced over to her. She did the same, running up and exchanging a tight hug. As their embrace gradually came to an end, Wade pulled back and held Ember by the elbows. He raised an eyebrow, staring at her striking outfit. Before he could say a word, however...

"What's with the suit?" Uncle Sea-Near asked.

Both Wade and Ember looked at her, Wade with a bit of frustration.

"Hey! I was gonna say that." Wade argued childishly.

Ember giggled, stroking Wade's waist as she walked past confidently. Both Uncle and Aunty Sea-Near raised an eyelid in confusion as she walked along.

"It's elemental resistant, so I thought it'd be a good idea to use it around the house," Ember advised.

"Elemental resistant?" Uncle Sea-Near queried.

Ember guffawed gently to herself, looking down. She took a deep breath, approaching the watery floors of the apartment without the assistance of a floaty. She took a step in slowly, unaffected.

Wade and the Sea-Near's instantly gasped in amazement, clapping.

"Whoa! Amazing!" the Sea-Nears exclaimed.

Getting in behind her, Wade swam around to face her, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I got a lot of questions-- but more importantly, how'd it go today?!" he asked giddily.

"Oh, my flame-- Wade. You have no idea! I'll tell you in detail later!" Ember answered excitedly.

 She looked over to the Sea-Nears, all now parked meters away in interest.

"I think you'll be telling us in detail right now!" Uncle Sea-Near said excitedly.

"Ooh-- haha." Ember chuckled nervously.

Seeing her getting a bit flustered, Wade swam between her and the relatives.

"If it's all good, I think she deserves some rest," Wade spoke.

He looked back at Ember for her reaction. She looked up at him, smiling widely, and staring lovingly

"Aww-- alright. Dinner'll be ready soon though, so I'll come to grab you!" Uncle Sea-Near told.

Ember looked between them and Wade.

"Oh- uhh. I think I'll be good--" Ember stammered.

"Ooh! Before you go on, I got you that interesting fire food at the grocers this morning!" Aunty Sea-Near interjected.

Without much time to react, Ember watched as Aunty Sea-Near swam over to the kitchen. She grabbed out a bag of Kol-nuts. As soon as she realized what they were, Ember's eyes shot open in amazement.

"I hope these were the right ones. The grocer apparently reckons that these ones are 'BYO flame', or whatever that means." Aunty Sea-Near quipped.

Ember stood frozen in her spot, her mouth wide agape.

"Yup. They're the ones!" she replied in over-excitement.

"Phew! Good to hear. They'll be here when you're ready." Aunty Sea-Near said, placing them on the counter.