Chapter 13 - Best Day Possible

"Day 3...

Day number 3...

Day... numero three...

. . .

Yeesh

The water in here feels cold for some reason

Ugh

Is its temperature an indicator of things to come?

Is something bad gonna happen today?!

. . .

Relax

Nothing bad is gonna happen.

You just gotta look on the bright side..."

"Speaking about the bright side--"

"Gah! Ember! I'm doing the talking thing!"

"Hah! Now you know how it feels. Ner ner!"

"That's not funny. I'm hyping myself up for today."

"Here, let me help you with that-- OH, WADE. CARESS YOUR GENTLE HAND ON MY SHOULDER. SNUFF MY FLAME WITH YOUR--"

"Stop it, Ember!"

"Hahaha! You just love it when I get all flirty with your ash."

"I-- don't mind too much, but I'm trying to--"

"Hey... Wade."

"...what?"

"Wanna come and give me a hug?

. . .

Please?"

. . .

"Ugh, fine."

Wade pulled the most childish frown he possibly could at Ember. He sat waist-deep in his pool bed, arms folded. He went to get out, picking up his shirt off the floor and putting it on. Taking a moment to put it on, he momentarily shut his eyes and exhaled. The moment he reopened his eyes, he found an overly-eager Ember standing right in front of him.

"Ah!" he yelped.

He flinched in surprise, slowly uncovering his face with his arm to stare at her in confusion.

"Drop the shirt." she prompted.

Without a word needing to be spoken, he hesitantly pulled it off, standing in his spot like a clueless statue. Ember sat on the edge of her bed, slowly gesturing a finger for him to join her. She tapped a spot next to her as he went to sit, still a look of frazzled confusion on his face. He scratched his face out of nerves, grinning anxiously. She returned him a seductive smile, scooching close, wrapping her arms around his right one. His frazzle-dazzle soon left as he took the moment in, smirking in gratitude. He leaned close to her, closing his eyes.

"Room service!" in interjecting Uncle Sea-Near announced, standing at the doorway.

The two lovers quickly jumped up in embarrassment, holding their arms at their sides militantly. Uncle Sea-Near cringed in discomfort, shielding his eyes.

" Ah-- Wade! The shirt! Put on the shirt!" he cried.

Wade's eyes bulged in retaliation, frantically grabbing his shirt and putting it on. Ember giggled in the background, finding hilarity in the moment's absurdity. Wade took a seat back down next to Ember, wiping some sweat away with an arm.

"Okay, it's on. You can open them," he said.

Not fully trusting of his sentiment, Uncle Sea-Near did so at a snail's pace. He sighed in relief upon seeing Wade fully clothed.