Little Green Thing

[Little Green Thing: Lance, Langst, Voltron, Pidge, Katie, Garrison, flashbacks, dreams, memories, hacking, lions, paladins, blue lion, green lion, more]

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||

Lance yawned, licking his lips as he made his way through the strange building. The castle had landed on Kubalec a few days before. The group of seven was quickly relocated to the main of the planet. Kubalec had a few different large buildings and locations, but the larges one was named Orikal. It was a very large cube shaped building with lots of windows. The top most floor was filled with extreme technology Hunk and Pidge were sure to love. The few middle floors were filled with an offices, a dining area, and mostly people who were talking and communicating with other planets.

Despite what Lance had originally thought, Pidge wasn't all over the top floor. And wasn't in the middle floor either. Lance thought to check the bottom floor, he wasn't supposed to hang around there much, because the Balekans were testing Galran technology; which could be fatally dangerous, or leave viruses on the technology they had, so there were separate devices down below. She wasn't there either.

A feeling of familiarity crawled over Lance as he made the move to the far side of the building and up the elevator. It was gonna be a while, the elevator was slow because of all the electrical energy or whatever other power source they had was all directed between the top and lower levels, with small amounts towards communications and an ever smaller amount to power the elevator. Clearly.

Lance quickly decided that he was bored and began to sing his favorite part of the song Drugs by PowerHouse Journal ((Made up song and band because it's the future and I have no idea what music exists on their version of earth))

"I breathe you in, I breathe you out,

Every kiss I steal feels like I'm going to choke

Girl you're like a drug to me, my drug

And I think I'm in love with every dose"

He couldn't help singing it over an over. It was an amazing song, from an amazing album called 'Deceit' by a really good band who started their music career with notebooks and weekly bar performances.

The elevator was coming to a stop about then, and he stepped out between the door whispering the lyrics to himself "-I'm in love with every dose~". After a breathy finish Lance took his chance and opened the door the was down the hallway and from the elevator by a few meters away. He was right. Pidge was right there. Lance felt relief wash over him. He really didn't wanna take the elevator all the way back down to go look at the space ships. He was thankful Pidge seemed to want some air too.

The sky was dark and oval-like shaped space ships were flying into space and back down. Mostly test flights. But it still felt familiar. Pidge was just starting the the sky, her computer in front of her and her glasses blocking her eyes with the light reflected in them. She looked tired, but peaceful. Lance laughed to himself about what he was about to do. With his long legs and youngest child experience, he took a few quick and silent steps towards the shorter girl. He crouched down a tad and spoke beside her ear.

"You come here to rock out?" the ginger jumped from her spot on the ledge, luckily backwards instead of forward.

"Gah! LANCE!" She gasped

"Pidge," Lance smirked.

"God! Dude! You scared the quiznaking shit out of me!"

"Sorry Pidgeotto"

"Wow!- Do you, that was weird... you feel like we've done that before?"

"Well..." Lance kept pronouncing the L sound for a moment longer before pausing and looking to the side and fake thought. "Maybe. Does anything feel familiar to you?"

Pidge just say there for a moment in thought, racking her brain for the answer that usually would have donned her by now. In this moment, Lance shuffled a few steps forward and settled down next to his little sister *Technically* and breathed in the air of the night sky. He soon heard a small hiccup beside Pidge and because she was basically leaning against him by now, he gave a quick nudge with his shoulder.

She gave a heavy sigh that Lance felt against his arm waiting for her to speak. "Our last day on earth..." Lance didn't have to look at her to know that she was keeping away tears. Lance knew he cried about once a day when he started to feel homesick. He wasn't gonna let himself cry this time though.

"That's right Pigeon. Right before I saw Keith and his stupid Mullet."

"Yeah," she gave a wet laugh. "Hunk wouldn't stop touching my stuff."

"You're both nerds, let the guy be." Lance smiled and pulled Pidge in for a hug.

Pidge went in to shove the larger body off of her, not wanting to cause any harm to her older bro. But she was shocked when he just squeezed her tighter in response of her attempted escape. Clearly Lance wasn't one to really let things slip through his fingers.