s e v e n

This chapter is dedicated to jordanleannexo because she has a book that is called "Let Me Love You" that was inspired by Taken! So if y'all can do me a huge favor and go show her book some love since it's amazing and kind of like another Taken! Thank you loves ❤️

+80 votes and 50 comments

[ A U B R E Y ]

"You're what?!" Carla asked while running on the treadmill next to me. Today the four of us planned to go to the gym since the three of them were free and wanted to catch up with me. While we were bonding, Jenny mentioned how I haven't had a boyfriend in forever and that I needed to explore my roots. I started to tell them how Nolan and I were hanging out and he suddenly asked me on a date.

"Yep." I panted, my arms swinging back and forth while I ran mildly on the treadmill.

"Ok we have talked to you on the phone for two days in a row and you still haven't mentioned the fact that hottest guy at school asked you out on a date and that date just happens to be today." Leah reached over the bicycle handle and slapped me on the arm.

"Hey! I didn't mean to not mention. Well-I did but only because I wanted to tell you guys in person. I thought something this big might as well be told face to face." I explained to the girls.

"Hell yeah it's big. The last person you dated was David and that was in high school." Jenny said as she walked, not ran, on the treadmill. She was the only one that wasn't fully working out. Something about how Kyle gave her a private workout session this morning.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Carla who was bringing her tall water bottle to her lips and made a face while her eyes drifted away from us. She looked like that meme on Twitter of Kermit the Frog that was sipping her tea, the "none of my business" one. "So what are you going to wear tonight?" Leah asked, her legs going back and forth as she pedaled furiously on the bicycle.

"I actually have no idea." I sighed, remembering that I had to put effort to look good tonight. Ever since he asked me on that date, I haven't felt nervous or worried about how I was going to look. I just figured it was a date so I'm gonna get dressed and have an outing with male. I wasn't nervous and I wasn't panicking like normal girls would be. Isn't that weird?

"You don't know? Girls, this calls for a sleepover since our dumbfounded friend has no idea what she is going to wear for a date with a complete hottie!" Leah exclaimed with large eyes, causing us to all giggle. "I'm serious guys. Nolan Patterson and Aubrey Vasquez going on a date, that's like Brangelina." Leah stated.

I rolled my eyes and said "Oh whatever. We are just two normal teens in college that are going out on a date. It's no biggie." I pulled out my water bottle and began to drink from it while using my freehand to shut off the treadmill.

The three girls each looked at each other with a naive expression and turned back to me, suddenly yelling "SIKE!" I flinched at their loud tone and threw my water bottle in the air in shock. We watched as the bottle flew in the air and the water went on the rest of the people on machines and then traveled to the weights. We saw a buff girl with full on muscles was lifting 45 pounders when it suddenly hit her on the head and caused the metal bar to fall on her foots.

All four of us gasped and watched as she clenched her foot in pain and bounced around the room while holding her foot. She bounced back and forth, causing people to fall on the floor as she made their way past them. The intense pain in her eyes scared me while her face turned red and she gritted her teeth together. "Do we run?" Carla asked in a gulp as we continued to watch the poor lady in pain.