n i n e

A picture of Isabel Flores, Aubrey's grandmother.

[ A U B R E Y ]

A cell phone rang sounded throughout my entire bedroom, causing the four of us girls to groan. "Go away." I groaned and turned over in my bed before being pushed off of the bed by Leah. "Ah!" I squealed as my body hit the pillows the floor. Jenny, Carla, and Leah continued to moan and groan while I crawled to my dresser to get my phone. "What?" I snapped in a hoarse voice. If you know me, you do not wake me up at eight o'clock in the morning. That will only bring out my inner serial killer.

"Aubrey!"

"Shut up."

"Shh."

The three girls each groaned and yelled as they covered their face with pillows. I rolled my eyes and crawled out of my room when a very playful voice ran through the phone. "Good morning to you too Grouchy Bear." Carlos said and I could just picture the smirk on his face.

"What do you want idiot?" I asked, holding my head as it pounded from hitting my head on the floor.

"Mom wants you and the girls over here in an hour!" Danny yelled faintly  and I could hear shuffling in the background and Carlos saying "Get away from me."

I sighed and twirled the lose strands of hair that came out of my ponytail. "We'll be over there." I stated then hung up. I got up from the floor and walked over to the three girls that had hogged my bed. I grabbed a pillow from the floor and stepped onto the bed, causing the girls to shift, half asleep.

I jumped up and down on the bed and began hitting every girl with the pillow. "Wake up! It's time to get up! Wakey Wakey!" I yelled and hit each of them in the face with the pillow while their bodies bounced up and down.

They each groaned and fake sobbed when Jenny rises up in the bed and pushed my legs off the bed, causing me to fall on my butt on the side of the bed. Jenny smiled to herself and stuffed her face into the pillow while Carla and Leah got out of bed. "At least my morning call woke two of you up." I grunted to myself and stood up from the floor.
________________________

After dragging Jenny out of bed to wake her up, we all took showers and dressed in decent clothing to hurry to my parents house for breakfast. "Hey Mom, do you need some help?" I asked once I got into the kitchen. Leah, Jenny, and Carla went to go talk to my siblings and wait for the food considering they were like family. We have known each other for fifteen years.

"Aw thank you sweetie but the food just finished cooking. Why don't you gather everyone from the living room and tell them that the food is ready." My mom smiled at me.

"Ok." I nodded my head with a slight smile on my face and turned around to walk into the living room. Once I entered I saw everyone talking to each other while my father and Carlos watched ESPN on the large TV. "The food is ready savages!" I yelled and took off running to the living room, knowing my family will eat everything.

I sat down with Amber and Jenny next to me on the long dinner table while my mom made the boy carry out the food and set it down on the table. There was tons of food, I mean so much that Carlos couldn't handle it. There were pancakes, French toast, waffles, eggs, toast, chorizo and eggs, chorizo and potatoes, Spanish omelet, chili and cheese Ham Strata, pozole, menudo, and chicken Tamales. A combination of both Mexican and American breakfast meals.

"Mom, what's going on? You don't cook this much on special occasions..." Carlos stated, looking around the table in shock along with everyone else.

"Yeah Rene. After being friends with you guys for fifteen years I've never seen this much food before." Carla stated, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, half of these foods I can't even pronounce the name because I'm white." Jenny blurted out, causing everyone to laugh.