LaMonts

As she pulls into work an hour later, she puts the vehicle in park, and the weight sits on her stomach, while the muscles in her shoulders are tightened once again. With her taking a quick look at herself in the rearview mirror, she then grabs her purse off the floor, and gets out of the vehicle. Walking into work, she then pushes her way through the crowd, and makes her way behind the counter, and grabs an apron. Tying it around her waist, she looks over at Amelia, and asks, "Why are we busy?"

"I'm not sure? We just are. That's why I texted you earlier," she says, as she makes a drink, and then gives it to a customer.

Luna then grabs a plate of food from the galley, and loins are sexually pulled on, and her body morphs into Geo's for a second, while energy and pressure hits the back of her head. Instantly giving her a headache, she rubs the back of her head, and looks around the room, and then looks over at Amelia, and says, "My head hurts. It feels like someone hit me in the back of the head."

"Well! No one hit you, silly," she says, as she wipes the counter down.

With the pressure on her head being released moments later, the energy changes around her, and she senses Geo once again. Opening the media, she then goes to his page, and sees a new picture of him standing outside of her work. With the butterflies setting in her stomach, she then closes the media, and says to Amelia, "Geo's here."

"How do you know?" she asks, as she walks up to her.

"Because he just took a picture of himself in our parking lot, and then posted it on the media," Luna says with a smile.

"What? Are you sure?" she asks, as she looks around the room.

"Yes, I'm sure. See! There he is," she says, as he walks into the tavern, and up to the counter. As he sits down in front of her, he looks at the wall behind the counter, and doesn't say anything, while he grabs a menu, and looks at it. And with her standing behind the counter, she looks at him, while the thought of her having sex with Kyle last night replays in her head.

As he puts the menu on the counter, he then looks at her, and watches her demeanor. Chuckling under his breath, he then says, "I'll take a burger and beer. Is everything ok? Do you want to ask me something?"

"No! I don't want to ask you anything. And everything's ok," she says, as she takes the menu from him, and then grabs a beer from under the counter. Giving it to him without saying anything else, she then walks over to the galley, and puts his order ticket on the back counter. Sensing that he's watching her, she then walks back over to him, and leans on the counter, and says, "What are you doing in town?"

"I just wanted to stop by, and say hi," he says, as he takes a sip of his beer. As he scans the tavern to see if anyone is listening to them, he then looks at her, and leans over the counter towards her, and whispers, "Oh hey! Before I forget. You know that we can be invisible right?"

"What? How's that possible?" she says, as she stops what she's doing, and looks at him.

"Because we're psychic witches. We can see things that other people can't see. We can also go places where other people can't go. Not physically of course! Just psychically! And the best part is, people don't even know that we're even there," he says, as he takes another sip of his beer.

"What are you talking about? Invisibility? I know that we're psychic witches! But I didn't know that we could be invisible," she whispers, as she looks around the tavern, and then at him.

"You'll see! Look, Luna, I also wanted to tell you that I know that you and Kyle are in a relationship. I also know that we are just friends. And if you must know, what you and Kyle do is your business, but sometimes when we play with the arts, we see or feel things differently. It's just who we are. That's why I posted that picture of me looking into the camera, while eating a large chocolate chip cookie this morning," he says, as he pulls out a traveling checkerboard from the inside of his jacket pocket. Putting the board on the bar counter, he then says, "Enough of that talk. Let's play. I'm red. You're black."

"Checkers! You want to play checkers after that conversation," she says, as she raises her eyebrows, and looks closely at him.

"Yes, I want to play. It's a fun game," he says, as he hands her the black pieces. As they set up the pieces on the board, he then makes the first move, and then says, "Now it's your turn. Look! We're making a connection."

"What? Are you speaking in a metaphor?" she asks, as she moves her checker piece on the board. Looking up at him, she then says, "I was wondering, why are you posting picture on the social media to read me?"

"Why not? I was just curious on what you're up to. Also, why not speak in metaphors. Look, I'm just trying to show you something?" he says, as he moves his red piece.

"I'm not up to much. I've just been working and hanging out with Ivory and Amelia!" she says, as the left palm of her hand starts to hurt. Sensing that it's been sliced even though there isn't a mark, she rubs it with her right thumb, and then says, "What are you exactly trying to show me?"

"I'm trying to show you another psychic trick. It's a connection. A way to read people," he says, with a smile, as he moves another piece, while watching her rub the palm of her hand. With him winning moments later, he then says, "I won! Maybe, next time you'll win."

"Here's your burger," Amelia yells, as she walks over to them with his plate of food in her hand. As she sets the plate down in front of him, she looks at him, while he puts the game back in his pocket, and she then asks, "You need anything else?"

"Nah! I'm good. Thanks," he says, as he looks at her, and then takes a drink of his beer.

With him finishing his burger and beer, he then looks over at Luna, who's at the other end of the bar talking to someone else. As she senses that he's trying to get her attention, she then walks back over to him, and asks him "How was the food? Do you need anything else?"

"The food was good, and no I don't need anything else," he says, with a smile, as he stands up. As he puts the money on the counter, he then looks at her, and then says, "I'm leaving. I'll see you later."

•••••

Thanks For Following
🍂🧹🍂
J. Sweet

•••••

Please show your support by sharing, commenting, voting or adding this novel to your reading list.