The Vision

Pulling into her driveway, she puts the vehicle into park, and sees Kyle's vehicle gone. As she then stares at the house, and with Ivory still sitting in the passenger seat finishing her food, Luna then shuts off the car, and says, "Kyle's gone."

"Yeah! I'm sure he's not far," Ivory says.

"Yeah! You're probably right! He's probably over to Tim's as usual," Luna says, as she grabs her keys from the middle of the console.

"I'm sure he is. He's probably doing some fishing thing. Just like he usually is," Ivory says, as she grabs her bags from the backseat, and then gets out of the car. As she stands there, she then bends over, and looks in the passenger side window, and then says, "Thanks for bringing me home. I'll see you later. Stop on over if you get bored."

"Okay. I might take you up on that offer. It's getting late, and I'm tired," Luna says, as she gets out of the car. With Ivory walking over to her house, Luna walks up to the front door, and puts her hand on the doorknob. Automatically sensing that he's up to something, she walks into the house, and tries to read what he's up to, but she can't sense anything. Looking around the house, and with nothing out of place, she then walks into the fishing room, and sees a couple of his fishing poles that were on the wall gone.

Seeing that he's fishing or over to Tim's, she stands there, and closes her eyes, and tries to get a sense of what he's doing. And within moments, a quick vision of Isla holding a green zucchini in her left hand appears and then disappears. As she opens her eyes, she then walks into the living room, and sits on the couch, while the image replays in her head. With her leaning over, and putting her hand over the crystal ball, heat then starts to rise onto the palm of her hand, and she looks around the room, and still sees nothing out of the ordinary. And with the heat fading from her hand within moments, she then puts her hands onto her lap and leans back on the couch. Her body then begins to relax, and she becomes tired. Closing her eyes, and almost falling asleep, she then senses Kyle's psychic self in her space. And as she opens her eyes, she watches him disappear moments later.

Sensing him, she then gets up, and walks out to the kitchen. Turning on the light, she then opens the fridge, and grabs something to drink. Pouring herself something to drink, she automatically senses that Isla has posted on the social media once again. As she walks back into the living room and sits down, she then picks up her phone, and opens the social media, and goes to her page. Seeing a new picture of her standing at the end of a kitchen table, holding a green zucchini in her left hand, she rolls her eyes, and gives the picture a dirty look. Closing the media, she then puts the phone back on the coffee table, and tries to get the vision out of her head once again, as her cell phone begins to ring.

As she sits there, and peers over at it, she sees that it's Kyle. Picking up the phone, she gets back up and walks back into the kitchen, and hits the green button, and says, "Hey! What are you doing? Where are you?"

"Hey hunny! I'm over at Tim. Don't wait up. I'll probably be late," he says, while Tim talks in the background, as she puts her glass in the kitchen sink.

"Okay," Luna says, as she walks back into the living room, and sits down on the couch. As she leans back, and turns on the television, she then asks, "What are you guys doing tonight?"

"Nothing much. He's just rigging up my fishing rods. It shouldn't be too much longer," he says, as he then says something to Tim.

"Alright. I'm tired anyways. I'm going to lay down and go to sleep. I just got back from the Raven," Luna says, as she lays on the couch. Closing her eyes, she then says, "I'll see you when you get home."

"Okay. How was the Raven?" he asks.

"The Raven was ok. It was fun. I visited Victoria. Then I ran into Ivory, and gave her a ride home," she says, as she grabs the blanket off the top of the couch and then places it over her.

"Okay. I'll be home in a little bit, and I'll be quiet when I walk in the door. Love you," he says, as she hears him rattling a fishing lure in his hand.

"Sounds like a plan. Love you too. I'll see you later then," Luna says, as she puts the blanket over her head, and hangs up the phone.

As she puts the phone back on the coffee table, the vision of Isla and the green zucchini comes back to her, and she rolls over onto her side, and tries to break the vision. And as she lays there, the vision fades, and she grabs the remote off the coffee table and turns off the television, and finally falls asleep.

•••••

Thanks For Reading!
🍂🧹🍂
J. Sweet

•••••

Please show your support by sharing, commenting, voting, or adding this novel to your listing list.