Chapter Two: The Beginning (2)

While heading outside, Tanjiro quickly changes into his P.E. uniform. But while he's doing that, he unknowingly gets surrounded by the group of boys, the ones who were previously listening in on his and Kanao's conversation. All of them give Tanjiro a death stare, especially the yellow and orange haired boy. While gritting his teeth, and approaches Tanjiro and grabs him by the shoulder. 

"WHY ARE YOU SO COMFORTABLE ABOUT TSUYURI-SENPAI!?", the boy with the yellow and orange asks. Well, more like demands. This really shocks Tanjiro, causing him to open his mouth without saying anything. The rest of the boys are impatient for the answer, and it's indicated from the repeated tapping with their foot on the ground. 

"What am I supposed to say to them? I didn't know that my presence around Kanao would attract this much attention...", Tanjiro thinks to himself. He remains speechless, which irritates the other boys even more. Pretty soon, Giyu Tomioka, who is also starting to get irritated from the fact that none of them are outside right now, brings out a kendo stick. He starts tapping it on his shoulder, and it's clear that the boys should hurry up or something bad will happen. All of them disperse, leaving just Mr. Tomioka and Tanjiro in the bathroom.

"Hurry up and get outside.", Giyu says in a calm tone. He was about to ask something, but ends up not saying anything. Tanjiro quickly nods and starts speed walking outside. Giyu follows behind him, and notices the hanafuda earrings on Tanjiro's ears.

"Boy. What's your name?", Giyu asks the young boy. Tanjiro turns his head back to the side a bit and talks in a gleeful voice. This is the first time someone has asked for his name the entire day, and it makes Tanjiro happy. 

"Tanjiro Kamado.", he responds. Giyu doesn't address this, and the both of them continue to walk outside. Once all of the boys and girls from the first year classes are grouped up, Giyu steps in front of all the students. His voice is quiet and calm like always, but it barely reaches the back of the students.

"Okay. Since today is your first day at Kimetsu High, we're going to take it simple. Do ten laps around the track and report back to me when you guys are done. Then the rest of the time you have left is your own personal time.", he explains to the students while pointing at the track the track and field sprinters use. Once he finishes talking, the students start to take on his order and begin to run around the track. 

Tanjiro quickly nods and starts running around the tracks, at somewhat of a fast pace. He's a young boy with a ton of stamina, mostly from his bakery being so hectic, so getting tired is the last of his worries. The other boys, who were trying to make a move on some of the girls, notice that Tanjiro has started running already, and start sprinting full speed at him. Immediately, Tanjiro gets bombarded with questions about his current relationship with Kanao.

"Hey, boy! We're talking to you, so answer us! What's your relationship with Tsuyuri-Senpai, and why do you two seem so comfortable with each other!?", one of the boys ask. They all seem very demanding, and it begins to irk Tanjiro. After getting asked questions like this over and over again, Tanjiro finally breaks. 

"We're just friends! So stop bugging me!", he yells before running off at full speed. These boys have annoyed him for far too long, and it's clear that Tanjiro wants to do nothing more than for these boys to leave him alone. All but one boy catches up to him, and it's none other than the yellow and orange haired boy.

"You're going to have to try harder if you want to outrun me, Zenitsu Agatsuma!", he says in a very arrogant and smug tone. Tanjiro quickly darts his head to the side, and sees that Zenitsu has already caught up to him. A brief moment of silence passes before Zenitsu speaks up again.

"Anyways, what is happening between you and Tsuyuri-Senpai!?", he asks, sounding like every other boy who has annoyed Tanjiro up to this point. An expression of annoyance forms on Tanjiro's face, as he does not want to deal with this again.