Chapter Four: Now what...?

(Just so you guys know, the chapters from here on out are going to be two thousand words or more, so expect long chapters! Word Count: 2553)

Tanjiro and Kanao continue to walk back in silence. There is really no clear destination for the both of them, as the both of them really did not expect this entire ordeal to play out how it did. Both of their faces are still flushed, and thoughts of what might happen next begin to flood their heads. They have not made eye-contact with each other even once, as the embarrassment shared between the both of them is too much to handle. 

"Why did I do that!? There was for sure a better way to go about that! Argh!!!", Tanjiro screams internally. He quickly glances at Kanao, who is also still processing the events of their... kiss. Tanjiro decides to say something, as he doesn't want to ruin their friendship in any sort of way.

"Um... s-sorry about that. There was definitely a better way to go about that...", he says with an awkward chuckle. For the first time since they have left the gates of Kimetsu High, they make eye contact. The presence around the two of them is insanely awkward, and it's clear that they want to just jump in a hole or something. Kanao sighs to herself before responding to Tanjiro, sounding very quiet and embarrassed the entire time.

"Don't worry about it... I don't think there was a better way anyways.", she says. But when you think about it, there really was no other reason to prove that the both of them were a 'couple'. Tanjiro simply nods, but there were no more words are said as the both of them continue to walk. 

Eventually, they reach Tanjiro's home and shop, 'Kamado Bakery'. The original plan was to hang out with each other, but that plan was thrown out the window the second Tanjiro was forced to sort the messy library. The door bell jingles as the two of them walk in awkwardly, and everyone in their notices this peculiar behavior between both Tanjiro and Kanao. They are both greeted by Kie Kamado, the mother of them all.

"Hey, you two. How was your first day of school, hm?", she asks the both of them politely. A smile is on her face as she asks this, but then she notices the awkwardness between the two of them.

"I-It was alright.", Tanjiro quickly responds before motioning Kanao to follow him to his room. She nods before they scurry upstairs and into Tanjiro's room, that he shares with his younger sister, Nezuko Kamado. They seat themselves on the floor, and stay silent for a while, before Tanjiro clears his throat to speak up.

"S-So... what are we going to do now? It's not like we can walk to school tomorrow and act like nothing happened, can we?", Tanjiro asks. The thought of the both of them getting together crosses his mind, but he really doesn't like the idea of that, as he and Kanao have been friends all of their lives. If they wanted to go out with each other, it would have happened a long time ago. 

"Um...", Kanao mumbles while shaking her head a little bit. She too, also had the idea of the two ending up together, and she has a negative outlook on it. Just like Tanjiro thought, if they did want to go out with each other, it would have happened a very long time ago. The two of them stare at each other for a bit before Tanjiro sighs loudly. He lies back onto the floor, and starts rerunning the thoughts of his kiss with Kanao in his head. 

.

.

.

.

Kanao chuckles while seeing this, and leans back onto the bottom bunkbed in the room. A faint blush remains on the both of their faces, as they both took each other's first kiss, and it was in front of a ton of other people. Some time passes before the door slowly creaks open. In comes Nezuko Kamado, the second eldest sibling out of the six children. She has a sly smile on her face, but she hands the both of them a tray of baked snacks.