Chapter 10: Feelings (Rewritten)

(The rewrite starts roughly after 1/4 of the chapter! I'll explain why I rewrote this chapter at the end! Word Count: 2776)

Tanjiro sighs to himself quietly before turning back. In his mind, he decides that he'll just leave Kanao and Aoi be, as Tanjiro is not one to pry about this kind of... topic. Unlike his sister, Nezuko. The first year decides to head to an open area outside of the school, which is a bit difficult to find. After being unable to find any unoccupied spots, Tanjiro decides to head up to the roof of the school.

The maroon haired boy creaks open the metallic door that leads to the roof of Kimetsu High, and sees a boy and a girl, both of whom he has no knowledge of. Tanjiro notices that the boy seems a bit older than the girl, but it's not that big of an age gap in his eyes. After a brief examination of the girl, he makes out her main features. She has black hair, but it's tied up in a bun with a yellow comb. Her eyes are pink, and her irises are flowers.

Tanjiro then moves on to check out the boy. He also has black hair, which is short and pretty frizzly. His eyes are blue, but it's a bit less defined due to his eyelashes, which are a bit thick and pink. The two of them seem to have a really good relationship, as the atmosphere that exudes from them is all love. Tanjiro stares at them for a couple of seconds before the girl sees him out of the corner of her eye.

"Ah! Someone else besides us on the roof today? That's a bit surprising, isn't it Hakuji?", she asks the other boy with a smile. Her face lit up at the sight of someone else on the roof, which can be seen pretty clearly. Hakuji, the blue eyed boy, nods in response to the girl.

"It is.", he says. To the both of them, it's a bit of a surprise that someone else would be on top of the roof, as nobody comes up there in the first place. The girl waves her hand towards Tanjiro, motioning for him to come over to them. This gesture is a bit unexpected to Tanjiro, but he walks over to them regardless.

"They both seem like nice people.", Tanjiro thinks to himself as he begins to approach the two. He seats himself down on the bench in front of the two, and just waits for someone to say something. It stays silent for a moment before Hakuji's right eye raises up a bit.

"Hey, aren't you the first year who made all of that commotion on the first day of school?", Hakuji questions. His voice sounds a tad bit forceful, but there really is no ill will behind his question. Just curiosity, that's all. Tanjiro freezes up a bit before nervously laughing.

"Um, yeah, t-that's me.", Tanjiro answers. The girl nudges Hakuji a bit, trying to relay over some kind of message to him. She leans in closer and whispers something in his ear, which is inaudible to Tanjiro. Hakuji nods slightly before putting out his hand in front of Tanjiro.

"Sorry if my question sounded rude. I was just curious. The name's Hakuji Soyama. Her name is Koyuki Soyama.", Hakuji explains to Tanjiro. Tanjiro nods his head and shakes Hakuji's hand a bit.

"Tanjiro Kamado. Nice to meet you.", Tanjiro says after letting go of Hakuji's hand. It takes a bit of time before Tanjiro registers the fact that both of them have the same last name, but his face grows into one of question when he finally realizes that.

"Are they siblings? Because their last names are the exact same, so...", Tanjiro asks himself. The three of them sit their in silence before Tanjiro decides to break it.

"Are you two siblings, by chance?", Tanjiro asks the both of them, wanting to inquire what their relationship with each other might be. Hakuji and Koyuki give each other a quick look before chuckling among themselves. This confuses Tanjiro a bit, causing his head to tilt to the side. It takes a minute or two before Hakuji and Koyuki stop laughing, but one of them eventually responds to the question.