Chapter Three: Blooming

(This chapter is going to be pretty long, so be prepared for it! Word Count: 2879)

Tanjiro heads back into his class, reluctantly. Very reluctantly, in fact. He has little to no intention to go back to his class, as he already knows he's going to be bombarded with a hoard of questions from his classmates. 

"Why me...? Can't I just live a normal high-school life...?", Tanjiro whispers to himself as he quickly approaches his classroom door. He sighs silently while he slides the door open, hoping to not catch too much attention. Luckily, he only catches a few (death) stares, but it is nothing Tanjiro can't handle. He finds his seat and sits down while burying his head in his arms, not wanting to catch anymore attention from the boys.

Some time passes before the door slides open, and in comes in a very tall and muscular person. His eyes are all white, and he has a huge scar running across the side of his forehead. He is wearing some thick beads around his neck, and his general appearance and presence ends up freaking everyone out. The students start to scramble around the classroom, but the only one who is calm about this situation is Tanjiro.

"Oh! It's Mr. Himejima!", Tanjiro thinks to himself while a smile forms on his face. He knows a few teachers that work at Kimetsu High, but only because his old middle school was on the same path as Kimetsu High. So, whenever school would end, Tanjiro would sometimes walk through the gates of Kimetsu High to wait for Kanao. And in his free time while waiting, he got the chance to know some of the teachers that worked at Kimetsu High, like Gyomei Himejima. 

"Good afternoon everyone. My name is Gyomei Himejima, but you may address me by however you want to. I will be your civics teacher at Kimetsu High.", Gyomei explains. His voice is pretty deep and intimidating, causing every other student besides Tanjiro to panic. Civics is one of the classes that Tanjiro is good at, so he'll probably enjoy this class more than the others. 

Whispers can be heard from other students, but one really stands out. It's from a kid all the way back in the class, who is wearing a boar mask over his head. His voice sounds really gruffy and loud, and he seems like a troublemaker. He is currently whispering among a group of boys, talking 'discreetly' behind Gyomei's back.

"Oi! Why do you think his eyes are like that!?", he yells out. It's clear that he sucks at whispering, and his voice catches the attention of everybody in the classroom. But, his question does bring up a good topic. A faint smile forms on Gyomei's face as he hears this question.

"I'm blind.", he bluntly states. The students gasp from hearing this, but it makes sense when they think about it. After stacking some papers and planting them on a nearby desk, Gyomei seats himself down. He takes a deep breath before starting his civics lesson.

.

.

.

.

Most of the students were still terrified of Gyomei, but he is a really nice person once you get to know him. His lesson is actually pretty interesting, even though it's a civics class. Tanjiro is someone who always enjoyed lessons concerning this certain topic, and he's pretty good at it. Around half an hour passes before Tanjiro feels an impatient tapping on his shoulder. He turns around and sees the boar head boy tapping on him, and Tanjiro tilts his head to the side.

"Oi, you there. What's your name?", the boar head boys asks Tanjiro. His voice is loud and scruffy as usual, which catches the attention of everyone. The other students in the room look in random directions, pretending to not be listening to the boar head boy and Tanjiro, but it's blatantly obvious that they also want to know Tanjiro's name. 

"Tanjiro Kamado...", Tanjiro mutters. The boar head boy, slowly nods before leaning back into his seat and turning to Zenitsu, who is sitting right behind the boar head. They both engage in some kind of whisper conversation before the yellow and orange haired boy smirks. Tanjiro turns his back to the front of the class, a bit confused as to why Zenitsu would want his name.