Chapter Seven: The moon is beautiful, isn't it?

(Word Count: 2247)

After Kanae closes the door behind Tanjiro and Kanao, the two of them begin to leave the area. They don't have any sufficient plans for what they wanted to do, as they both just wanted to get away from everyone. The things they both had to go through for the past two days was just... indescribable. 

"So, uh, is there anywhere specific that you want to go Kanao?", Tanjiro asks Kanao, wanting to know if she has any plans. Kanao thinks for a bit but her mind remains blank. Well, besides for those 'thoughts' that have been on her mind since yesterday. Tanjiro also has those same 'thoughts', but they're probably a lot worse. Everything that has happened up until this point and Kanae's teasing combined? Yeah, well, that is not really a good combo, isn't it?

"Not really. You?", Kanao responds back to Tanjiro while also asking him the same question. Tanjiro shakes his head the side, meaning that both he and Kanao have no ideas on what they should do. They continue to walk, not really going in any specific direction like earlier. A weird silence fills the air as both Tanjiro and Kanao continue to stroll along. 

"This is pretty awkward...", Tanjiro thinks to himself as he looks down at Kanao. He has some things he wants to say, just like Kanao, but he can't bring himself to say anything. After walking for a bit, they both eventually arrive into the main area of Kimetsu City. And as per usual, the town is very busy with a ton of people walking in and out of buildings from every single direction possible. Both Tanjiro and Kanao finally manage to break the silence between them, and indulge themselves in some kind of conversation.

After walking around for a couple of minutes, they eventually just point at random shops that they could go and visit. You know, just to kill time and enjoy their "date". But unbeknownst to the both of them, three of their close friends and family are secretly watching them. The group consists of Nezuko, Kanae, and Shinobu. Obviously, if they could, all of their close friends and family would be watching these two. But sadly, they have their own things to do, so they are not able to make it.

.

.

.

.

Anyways, Tanjiro and Kanao continue to walk around aimlessly, making the tension between them really awkward. They do make some small talk, but it's nothing really important. As the two of them continue to browse around town, they eventually stop in front of a restaurant. This shocks the group of girls that are following them, as they know going inside would be impossible for the three. So, after a bit of thinking, they decide to camp outside and wait for the two to return.

Tanjiro and Kanao walk inside the humble restaurant, most likely being there for dinner. After a while of waiting in line, they are eventually greeted by a girl, presumably around their age. She has short black hair, but they are in two ponytails, and they are also pinned by two blue and white butterfly pins. Her eyes are really blue, and she looks similar to Kanao. Immediately, after seeing both Tanjiro and Kanao together, a smile forms on her face.

"Ah, Kanao! Funny seeing you here!", she exclaims while chuckling lightly. Kanao reciprocates the smile, and nods in response.

"Likewise. How's the restaurant managing, Aoi?", Kanao responds back. The two of them begin to converse in a pretty friendly conversation, but it leaves Tanjiro a bit befuddled. 

"Um... I forgot who she is... Aoi, hm...?", Tanjiro thinks to himself while trying to remember who Aoi is. She never comes to mind, and Tanjiro gives up in the end. Eventually, they are seated at one of the more fancier tables, and are each given a menu by Aoi. She gives them a brief smile before leaving them to decide on their food.