Act 2, Chapter 3

Today is my birthday.
Yep, today is my birthday. And only people who know are my my mum, Kenny, Robby and Tory and hopefully, they all keep it that way.

Kenny already celebrated his birthday and now it's my turn. (Pretend abeg, I'm too lazy😭). I went downstairs to find all the lights off and my mum nowhere to be seen.

"Mum?" I called out.

Suddenly, a loud bang filled the room making me jump like crazy and confetti filled the room. My
mum then jumped out from out off behind the counter with Kenny.

"Surprise!! Happy birthday!!" They both yelled.

"Aw thank you, you guys." i ran to hug my mum and gave Kenny a quick peck on the lips.

"Here you go." My mum said as she handed me a present. I opened it up and saw that they were bubblegum Jordan 1s. I screamed.

These are the pair of shoes i have always wanted.

"Mum, you didn't have to get me these. Thank you!" i yelled as i hugged her.

Then Kenny handed me a small box. "Here, this one's from me." I opened the box to see a pretty gold pendant with our initials engraved in it. I had to keep myself from crying because if i did, we would all be drowning.

"Babe, you didn't have to!" i said.

"Really, cause i could take it back..." he said as he was trying to take it away from me.

I snatched it back from him "Boy, i said you didn't have to, not that i didn't want." We all burst out laughing and i hugged Kenny. "Thanks babe."

"So, birthday girl. Where you want to go first?"

"Uh, I don't know... actually, we could invite everyone from Cobra Kai and go down to the water park."

"But, i thought you wanted to keep it low-key?"

"Yeah, well, i changed my mind. It's summer and i wanna hang with my friends. So text everyone to be at the water park at 2:00."

Kenny texted everybody and then my phone started blowing up. Everyone was shocked to find out it was my birthday. I thanked everyone for the birthday wishes and got ready to go.

I wore a black one-piece as my bathing suit. Over that i wore some white denim shorts, with a blue tank top and blue Jordan 1s. i also wore a white short denim jacket. i packed all the things i needed and i said bye to my mom.

*Later at the water park*

As soon as i got to the water park, i was bombarded with Cobra Kais wishing me a happy birthday. I was looking for Robby and Tory but only found Tory. She ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"Hey, Happy birthday!!" she yelled.

"Thanks. Hey, have you seen Robby?"

"Nah, he just got back from Mexico with his dad. Might be coming a little later though."

"Wait, did you say Mexico? With his dad? Why were they there?"

"Don't know. Said they want to fix their relationship with each other."

Awww, that's so sweet.

"That's cool. Wait, i think he's here now. Look." I pointed and Robby was walking up to us.

"Hey, babe. Hey, birthday girl. You having a good day so far?"

"Yeah, so happy their isn't any karate drama."

"How was Mexico?" Tory asked.

"Good but it wasn't any fun without you." He grabbed Tory and started sucking each other faces.