Chapter 2: Outcast

When the elevator door opens, everything is dark, but your flashlight guides the way. There is a bright white-bluish puddle near the elevator you are exiting, so that is one red flag.

You: "This isn't exactly what I thought at first..."

You exit the elevator, and the elevator goes back down to the cave. It seems that the elevator that you went in to go to the cave was broken, and the other surface elevator seems broken as well. You don't see any other humans. Only just some puddles in the room, and headphones near some chairs near the elevators. But they glow similar to the crystals in that cave, meaning you shouldn't wear them. You go to the door of this room, that seems automatically open. When you look around with your flashlight, you find a plate that has a cheese sandwich on it that looks cold, and a large sign below the table that says "Receptionist Desk." You take the sandwich and eat it. It tasted stale, but it was the only food you can get here. You explore the right side. You find some lockers and a large pool that has some shark tails coming out of it. They look very realistic, and you probably shouldn't touch it. But another thought comes to your mind. Could they be living things in this lab? You thought that to yourself, and decided to see later. When you open a locker, you see a body of a strange furry-like being fall out. You look at it in horror. When you touch it, you notice it has a strange latex-like feeling to it, and it doesn't feel like real animal fur. But it also looks like a furry. When you turn it over, it looks like an orange cat-like creature that has a bucket on its head. You decide to let it be and leave. When you explore some more, you find a hallway that leads to an area with some glowing puddles you probably shouldn't touch. You see another large room next to you. You explore this area first. When you look around, you see a large sign with a apple and a strange skull that says "Abble's Shop." You look at it and see that there is a large iron barrier blocking the way to whatever this shop is. It's hard to see what it says on the sign because of the dark. You go into the room next to that room. It has a computer and some couches and lockers. When you go close to the computer, it turns on automatically and takes a moment to boot up. The sounds of dripping liquid and the hum from the computer echoed across the halls. You aren't sure if there are any other humans at all. Did they all die? What happened to them? ...It really is a mystery now. You weren't there when they could have all died. Was it some of the creatures here?

The computer finally turned on. When it turned on, there were only 3 files, and 2 apps. You clicked on the file named "Gootraxians." When you open it up, it showed pictures of some of these anthro-creatures that attacked you, and some that you haven't even known. But only two caught your attention. "Catte" and "Kaiju." The Kaiju seemed to be the species that attacked you at the cave underground, and Catte seemed to be the gootraxian that got killed. You look at your arm, still bleeding and injured, it seems that the gootraxian that attacked you was either a Panther, or a Kaiju. Most likely a Panther who hit your arm, as their claws are sharp enough to pierce the human skin. You are luck that these creatures only focus on hurting their opponents, and not... transforming them? You click on the data file. It seems that most of these gootraxians have one mission: infect anyone they find unless specified. Making humans high targets. But it seems that there are only SOME safe gootraxians. In the files, there are 2 gootraxians known as "Jammer" and "Slimepups" Slime Pups as in, there are many of them in the facility, most of them hiding in the secret library. As you kept on searching these files, you felt... something... watching you... you also felt something going up your leg... You see a strange substance going up your leg, soon toward your body...

You: "Shit oh shit! What the hell is going on!?"

Before you know it, it is covering your left arm, and you are slowly losing consciousness... that is, until something hit your right arm. A sharp object... but thin... a syringe hit your shoulder. Instead of covering your body, the goo substance made a gootraxian, just by itself. You are safe... for now. When the goo was done forming, the goo started to create... fur? Before you know it, the rubbery substance started to form gray animal ears, a tail, fur, and paws. Before it could finish, a hand took you and ran away. A human. A human grabbed your hand. A human male you think, due to his height and hair, even though you can't see much in the dark.