Below the Caves (Part 1/2)

As you wake up, you don't wake up to the sounds you wanted to hear. You heard alarms, screams of humans, and even that one survivor you met before, running from what seemed to be more chaotic gootraxians. The safe zone barrier was fizzling green, pink, and blue, but more likely blue. Your PLA started beeping rapidly, telling you that all the alarms had been initiated in "Red Status." You quickly leave the couch and go to Abble's shop, now open.

Abble: "Hooman! What is going on???"

You: "I don't fucking know!? Do you have anything that I can defend myself with?"

Abble went to the other side of her shop and brought out a bat, glowing from gootraxian blood. There were many other weapons in the back, but they looked like they needed repairs.

Abble: "Da bat is fwee right now hooman! Survive for Abbel pls!!"

You took the bat and held it firmly. It felt sticky, but also powerful and heavy. The bat was a nice shade of wood color and glowing cyan from gootraxian blood. You thanked Abble and quickly ran out of the safe zone. Before you can react, a gootraxian that somehow the PLA did not recognize hit you in the chest and continued running toward the other humans. You quickly look at what the gootraxian is, and it looks like a mixture of a rhino and a beetle... this place gets weirder by the second. You start running left, where everyone else is running, and try to avoid all the puddles and metal bars and along with gootraxians trying to infect you AND humans fighting for their lives. It's actually surprising to see so many humans in this lab, as this lab was decently sized, but there were about 70 humans. Where were they hiding? Who knows.

After running for about 5 minutes you find yourself in front of a large door with a massive timer in front of it counting down. We had 10 minutes left. You realized that every human had a keycard to go in. You scan yours and it doesn't work. The keycards the others were using said "Emergency Facilitation Escape Protocol Card," with the Laminax logo in the corner. You then realized that whatever is going on, fight or flight, nobody was working together. You looked around and even saw gootraxians fighting each other, humans fighting for a keycard, and humans dying or getting infected. It's pure anarchy out here. Pure Anarchy.

You wield your bat in your hand firmly and decided a tough choice. You swung the bat into a crowd of humans and gootraxians and heard screams of pain and terror. You looked down to see everyone still fighting and with you in it now. You keep on swinging hard until the human carrying the keycard dropped to the floor. You quickly grabbed the keycard and ran to the door. 7 minutes left. You were about to swipe it until someone grabbed you by the neck and threw you down to the ground HARD and stole your keycard. As you got up, you recognized who it was. The survivor that talked to you before. She was looking at you with hatred.

Survivor: "If you really want this, fight like an actual warrior you pussy."

She got in a fighting pose and brought out what seemed to be a bat with many crystals on it. You get back up and look at her dead in the eyes. With 6 minutes left, and humans crowing everywhere, this wasn't going to be a kitten fight.