Below the Caves (Part 2/2)

You stared at the survivor dead in the eyes, not losing eye contact.

You: "I don't know what this place is, what is going on, or who you are, but I'm not afraid to back down."

Survivor: "Awwwh, is that supposed to be your heroic speech? I'm not even going to ask."

She quickly started charging at you and ran fast. You nimbly dodged and tried hitting her in the head with the bat but she dodged in time. She looked at you with hatred and anger. You began running at her and swinging your bat in a horizontal fashion. She quickly grabbed the bat and threw it back at you. You looked at the timer as you were falling to the ground. 4 minutes. Half of the humans already went inside the security gate and some gootraxians were too scared to join in or fight them.

Survivor: "For a security guard, you are bad as hell."

You quickly got back up and looked at the now-broken bat on the floor. She slowly walked toward you, and was holding the crystalized bat. But then, you remembered your baton. There was a part of the video in training you remembered about Laminax batons.

"Laminax Batons are always equipped with 4 modes that can be adjusted by turning the stick that is pointing out. Normal, Taser, Syringe, and Club. Tasers apply electric shock to any hostiles trying to enter Laminax without permission... that is, if you attack them. Syringe can take any substance from a liquid or organism and be saved into a safe capsule for injecting or experimenting. The Club will make the hitting stick of the baton larger, and have some pointy spikes. Remember to use these for..."

That was all you could remember. You quickly brought out your baton and turned the "stick that was pointing out." The entire hitting part of the baton applied what seemed to be a mini tesla coil that seemed MUCH more powerful than a normal one. The survivor looked at the baton in fear that she even dropped her bat.

Survivor: "T-The baton...? Where did you get that?!"

Without hesitation, you charged at her, still holding the electric baton. She quickly ran away but you threw the baton at her back and she fell to the ground with a bloody black spot on her shirt. You looked at the timer. 1.3 minutes. You quickly grabbed the card and ran to the security gate. You quickly scanned it and ran to the surface elevator. There was 45 seconds left. You looked around and saw some gootraxians walking in the caves through holes in the wall. 20 seconds. You ran to the elevator as fast as you can. But there were... dead humans lying around...? 10 seconds. You get onboard the elevator as it was closing. You see that nobody is inside the elevators, and that other humans are running toward the elevator in fear. 3 seconds. Humans are banging on the elevator door as you go up. 0 Seconds. Humans start falling to the ground. Even gootraxians. You watch as you slowly get... up? You realize you were stuck in the elevator, as it was not moving. Suddenly, the elevator cord snapped again like last time, and you realize that this was all a trap. A trap for you to get caught. You watch as you hang on to a metal bar connected to the elevator as you fall. You see what seemed to be the floor the caves were in. Was there more to Laminax than just the Caves and Lab...? Before you can react, the elevator hit the floor softly. The elevator doors opened. What you saw was a shock. It questioned everything you knew. You saw gootraxians and humans running around, some being friends, some fighting, and Abble that looked less robotic than the one before. You looked at a sign on the wall. You couldn't believe your eyes. "Welcome to the REAL Laminax Labs."