Chapter Eight-Gone Missing

***A/N: This chapter will carry over from Chapter Seven***

Luke's P.O.V.:

Dammit! I can't believe Til got a girl pregnant. I thought I raised him better than that. I made him promise me right before he left for the University of Georgia, that he wouldn't do drugs, drink, or get any girl pregnant. He'd broken that promise and I was furious. I was already on my fifth beer, when Caroline walked in. "Luke, what the hell are you doing?" she questioned me. She took a seat across from me and I could see the anger in her eyes. I just sat there, my eyes peered downward. "Answer me, dammit!" Caroline yelled. I could feel the burn of warm tears stinging my eyes, as they trickled down my cheeks. "I don't fuckin' know anymore!" I choked.

Leclaire came rushing in. "What in heaven's name is goin' on you two!" she exclaimed. She glanced over at the beer can in my hand and shook her head. "Thomas Luther!" she yelled. "How can you keep drinking?" She had tears in eyes. "Every time something bad happens, you turn to alcohol," her voice cracked. "Your daddy would be so ashamed of you, I know I am!" she cried, as she rushed out of the kitchen. Caroline stood up from her chair and started walking back out. She turned to look over her shoulder at me. "I can't believe you," she said coldly, as she shook her head and left me in the kitchen. I was a wreck. Here I was wallowing in my own self-pity.

I sat there my head in my hands, ashamed of myself. Every time I would try to stop drinking, I turned around and picked up another can of beer, or poured myself another glass of whiskey. It was pathetic really. I was pathetic. Just then Til appeared in the doorway, his arms crossed. "Hey Uncle Luke," he spoke softly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled. "It was an accident," Til replied, defensively. "Pfft!" I scoffed. "Did you use protection?" Til nodded. "Yes Uncle Luke, we did!" Til raised his voice as he sat down across from me. "But," I snarked. Til sat there for a minute and finally spoke. "But, the condom broke," he whispered softly. I swallowed hard to get rid of the lump that had formed in my throat and could hear myself breathing heavily. "Uncle Luke, I swear it was an accident, we didn't plan for this to happen," he stated. "But it did, dammit!" I yelled.

Til looked over at the window. "I can't believe how fuckin' irresponsible you're bein'!" I yelled, as I took another swig of my beer. "Smokin' pot, poppin' pills, underage drinkin', gettin' some girl knocked up!" Til's head jerked towards me and he laughed sarcastically. "Wow, you're one to talk!" he yelled. "Who's the one drinking away, whenever something bad happens?" Til questioned him. "That's right, you!" Til retorted. My blood began to boil and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. "And!" Til went on. "Savannah's not just some girl, she's my girlfriend!" I stood up from my chair, my fists clenched. "That's it!" I yelled. "Get the fuck out of here!" Til quickly stood up and took a few steps back. "Glady!" he yelled, as he stormed off.

Caroline's P.O.V.:

I can't believe how Luke's behaving. I understand that he's disappointed in Til. It came as a shock to all of us, but Luke's actions tonight, were uncalled for. I don't know how much more of this I can take. He's promises he'll quit drinking, but then he turns around and does it again. I don't want our children to grow up with an alcoholic father. Something has to be done, or else his drinking is going to spiral out of control. He's already lost a lot of people he cares about due to various circumstances, but if he keeps the drinking up, he's going to lose me and the kids. I'm done putting up with his bullshit games he's playing.

We all sat in the living room in complete silence, trying to process everything that was going on. "Oh I don't know what to do anymore!" Leclaire cried, as she bit her fingernails. I put my arm around her. "Shh...Everything's going to be okay," I replied. Though, I was unsure if it would be. I could feel tears coming on, as I blinked to keep them from falling. Jordan and Kris stood up with their fiancé's. "Well, I guess we should probably head home. We've got a long drive," Jordan said as she wrapped her hand around Cody's elbow. Kris nodded. "Yeah, Austin has to work in the morning." Leclaire stood up. "Oh I wish you didn't have to rush off," she said, with sadness in her voice. Jordan and Kris looked at their grandmother apologetically. "I'm sorry memaw," Jordan replied, as she hugged Leclaire. "We'll be back soon." Kris gave everyone a hug. "Yeah. Promise," she smiled.