Chapter 3 ⭑

Trigger Warning ⚠️
this chapter contains mentions of self harm and eating disorder.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑ ⭑

As I slowly awoke from my restless sleep, I found myself alone in bed, wondering where my friends had gone. Did they really spend the night with me? The fog of the previous night's events was still hanging heavy in my mind. I dragged myself out of bed, feeling the nausea rise within me. Making my way to the bathroom, I leaned over the toilet, emptying my stomach. Great way to start the year.

Returning to my room, I noticed pills for my pounding headache and a glass of water. I took the pills and downed the water in one gulp. I reached for my phone and saw the unread message from the unknown number: "Hey stranger." A glimmer of hope flickered in my heart as I typed back, "Who is this?" Deep down, I secretly wished it was Billie who had somehow gotten my number. After all, Billie was Olivia's friend, and Olivia was oblivious to the fact that we kissed so it wouldn't be weird for Billie to ask for my number.

Without my knowledge, my friends were still at my house. Oblivious to their presence, I threw on a large hoodie that conveniently covered the cuts on my thighs, wounds that I had momentarily forgotten about. Stepping into the living room, I caught sight of Conan sitting on the couch, with my guitar, while Olivia was in the kitchen with a Starbucks bag, preparing what appeared to be our breakfast.
A sudden chill ran down my spine, making me look immediately down at my thighs.

Suspicion clouded Olivia's expression as she observed Yn's reaction, not aware of the recent cuts but sensing something was off. Olivia dismissed her concerns, attributing her behavior to the fact that she's probably just hangover.

My voice broke the silence as I asked, "How are you guys awake and functioning before 12 pm?" Olivia replied, a hint of playfulness in her tone, "You were the one who spent the night drinking with Billie, not me." Conan chimed in, teasingly adding, "And you're awake and functioning too." I mumbled, "I just woke up because I felt sick. Are you guys planning to spend the day here?"

Olivia explained, "Can't do that. I have this family dinner thing. But you two can come with me if you want." Conan replied, "Yes, omg! It's been so long since I've seen your family." I shook my head, declining the invitation, saying, "I'll pass, but you guys have fun." Loneliness began to seep into my soul, amplifying the emptiness I usually felt. My self destructive thoughts were quick to confirm my fear that I was destined to be alone.

Concern etched on her face, Olivia asked, "Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?" I forced a smile, trying to mask my inner chaos, and replied, "I'm never really alone. I have these two babies right here." I scooped up Missy and baby Thunder, holding them close to my chest.

The day wore on, and eventually, Conan and Olivia left me alone in my house. I slumped on the couch, my eyes fixed on the TV, watching episodes of The Office, avoiding the feeling of being extremely hungry since the last thing I wanted to do was eat.

At around 7 pm, my phone lit up with a message from the unknown number.

Unknown
-Oh, come on, did you really delete my number again?

My heart skipped a beat as I read those words. Fear coursed through my veins, causing my entire body to tremble. It couldn't be him. It had been months since we last had any contact. What did he want from me now?

A wave of anger surged within me, overpowering my fear. With shaky hands, I typed a response, my words laced with confrontation, "Leave me the fuck alone." But Lucas's reply sent a chill down my spine, "I'll fucking find you."