the unsure decision

Haseena quickly drove to the Police Headquarters, her brows furrowed in worry. The teacher's words still rang in her head. Nandita Bunking Classes? Nandita cursing? Nandita talking vulgarly with boys? Haseena surely hadn't thought of all that. Yes, she knew Nandita's distance with the family had increased greatly ever since she started 10th grade but she didn't know what was happening. And most importantly, she didn't know what sort of a bad company Dishi was. Haseena had known Dishi ever since Nandita was in 7th grade and she liked her. As far as Haseena knew, Dishi was a good kid, a really good kid. She didn't know now what went wrong.

Haseena pushed the door to Anubhav's cabin open, and saw him working on something. He looked up in shock at the sudden interruption.

"Arey Haseena Ji, aap idhar iss wakt?" he asked standing up as Haseena nodded and entered the cabin, closing the door behind her.

"Anu, hame kuch samajh nhi aa rha ham kya kare." she said worriedly. Anubhav's pleasant expression, morphed into one of worry. He gently held her arm and gestured for her to sit down peacefully.

He offered her a glass of water before sitting down himself.

"Kya hua Haseena Ji? Aap itni chintit kyun hai?"

"Hume na, Nanda ki teacher ka call aaya." Haseena began and proceeded to explain what all the teacher said. As seconds passed, Anubhav's expression turned to anger as he stood up, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"Maine uss ladki ko itna freedom de rakha hai toh woh misuse karegi?" he began angrily, while Haseena grimaced at his anger. "Aaj aane do usse mein karta hun baat."

"Anu, aapko nhi lagta ki hame thora pyaar se sambhalna chahiye?" Haseena spoke, looking at him with uncertainty in his decision.

"Haseena Ji, yeh koi drugs toh kar nhi rhi depress hoke, yeh toh sirf recklessness hai aur yeh sab harkate iske future ko hi effect karengi." he said, trying to explain his point while Haseena sighed.

"Wahi toh problem hai na Anu, hame usse baselessly daant rhe hai usse aisa lagega. Uski academic performance mein bilkul drop nhi hua. Yeh jo uske friends hai they are influencing uska har aspect except her academic performance." Haseena said, while Anubhav went in deep thought.

"Haan par hamne usse yeh thori kaha hai ki padhai sab kuch hai?" he said hesitantly.

"Par hamne uske alawa aur kuch bhi toh nhi kaha. Bachpan se apne dono bacho ko yahi toh kaha hai ki beta bas padhai karo, padhai sab hai, padhai karne se hi future set hai. Hame lagta hai Nanda ne isse zyada literally le liya, woh jo karti hai woh karti hai bas apni padhai pe uska asar nhi padne de rhi." Haseena said sadly, while Anubhav finally nodded in agreement.

"Haan Haseena Ji, baat toh sahi hai aapki, chaliye shaam ko dekhte hai kya karna hai." Anubhav said reassuringly, placing a small kiss on her forehead while she nodded.

*

"Bhai konsa period hai ab?" Nandita asked, opening her lunch box but immediately grimaced when she saw what was inside it. Quickly, closing the box she kept it inside and instead took out Angad's lunchbox from his box. Now, Angad despised Nandita and her friends with everything but that didn't stop her from stealing his food.

"English, chee bhai aake saali audio book chalake khud toh so jayegi." Dishi said with a scowl, taking a bite of Angad's chicken sandwich from Nandita. Nandita quickly took two slices of the sandwich and put the box back in the boy's box.

"Chal chalte hai na phir, yaar mere andar himmat nhi baithne ki idhar 40 minute." Nandita said, taking a huge bite of the sandwich, since she had to finish it before the teacher arrived.

"Are you sure? Pakde gaye toh?" Dishi asked hesitantly, taking another bite.

"Bhai ghanta. Aaj tak pakde gaye hai?" Nandita said with a smirk while Dishi shrugged.

"Oye tum bunk maar rhe ho?" Aryan asked suddenly while the two girls hopelessly shook their head.

"Haan bhai, kaun baithega iski class mein." Dishi said.

"Mein bhi chalta hun yaar." Aryan said packing his things while Nandita burst into laughter.

"Chutiya hai kya tu? Bhai ladka ladki saath mein nhi bunk maar sakte. Ab ham 40 minute mein 3 baar toh bathroom jayenge chupne ke liye, behenchod tu bhi chalega kya girls washroom?" she asked raising her eyebrows with a sassy look while Aryan groaned and Dishi snorted.

"Bhai chal lega, ladki toh hai hi yeh, saala chakka." Dishi said as the two girls hi-fived.

"At least I got bitches." Aryan mumbled sulkily.

"Honestly, we can get all the bitches we want, woh toh ham bas bhut busy hai." Dishi said dramatically, flipping her non existent long hair.

"Chal na jhuthi saali, 6 mahine pehle toh Rudr se reject hui, fucking Rudr man," Aryan said, dramatically holding his waist and laughing while Nandita rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but at least she isn't hung up on her cheating ex." the girl shot back while gave the two girls a side eye.

"Oye chal na, chal rhi hai toh chal, phir woh ajayegi english wali." Dishi said tiredly while Nandita nodded. She quickly pulled out her stash of permission slips, something she had collected over the years during various occasions. She pulled out the one which had their English teacher's signature and changed the date on it before the two girls walked out of the class.

Nandita and Dishi looked at the either sides of the corridor before rushing to the washroom, that was always a good place to start the 40 minute adventure.

The two went towards the inner corner of the bathroom and looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Another day, another slay." Nandita chanted with an air of self importance. 

"Chal na thora bahar ko mujhe apne baal thik karne hai." Dishi said pulling Nandita with her.

The two were standing in front of the huge mirror in the bathroom, while Dishi was setting her hair, Nandita was leaning against the washbasin with a dreamy look.

"Oh fuck off," she scoffed, just then the door to the bathroom opened with a jerk and in walked Anushka and gave Nandita a knowing look before smirking and hopping into one of the bathroom stall while the elder girl groaned.

"Fuck, she knows I'm skipping class." 

"Oh bhai, tere maa baap ko bata degi kya?" Dishi asked her eyes widening in fear for her best friend.

"Uska kuch nhi bata, saali mummy papa ki chaat ti rehti hai pure din." she said in a disgusted tone before the two girls hurriedly walked out of the bathroom.

hi pls vote and comment, it means a lot. this was such a bad chapter tho 😭