confrontations and betrayals

As the evening grew late, Nandita returned from her coaching class, still dressed in her school uniform. The shirt draped loosely over her tired body, with the top two buttons undone, while her tie hung loosely, nearly reaching her chest. Her gray school pants rested comfortably at her lower waist. She rubbed her forehead, feeling the weight of exhaustion, and stifled a yawn as she stepped inside the house. To her surprise, Anubhav and Haseena were seated at the dining table, seemingly awaiting her arrival.

"Hi Mom, Hi Dad." the girl mumbled, walking towards her room but Haseena stopped her.

"Nanda ek baar idhar aa." she said and Nandita nodded turning back and walking over to the dining table and taking a seat. She furrowed her eyes, remembering if she had done anything wrong.

"Bolo mummy."

"Tu uniform change karke kyun nhi gayi coaching? Haseena asked raising an eyebrow as she looked at her daughter who was also carrying two bags. One of them seemed to be her school bag while the other was her coaching one.

"Arey nhi aaj woh na school ke baad debate practice thi inter school ki toh ghar aane ka time nhi mila sidha school se coaching chali gayi." Nandita said truthfully, leaning back on the chair as the exhaustion got to her and hunger clawed her stomach. She hadn't eaten anything since her lunch at school.

"Toh you didn't have lunch? Nanda 9 baj gaye hai tune khana nhi khaya aur subh 11 baje se?" Haseena asked strictly while Nandita nodded.

"Kha lungi abhi."

"Arey Haseena Ji, abhi mudhe par aate hai" Anubhav said sternly causing Nandita to roll her eyes at her father.

"Kya mudha bhai?" she asked in a bored voice, fiddling with a tissue kept on the table.

"Aaj hume teri teacher ka call aaya tha." 

Haseena's words caused Nandita to abruptly straighten up, instantly shedding any trace of exhaustion. Her previously weary eyes transformed into a state of alertness and keenness. Overwhelmed with anticipation, the younger girl anxiously played with the edge of her shirt.

"Konsi teacher? Jayashree ma'am?" she asked hesitantly, already knowing the answer.

"Ji haan." Haseena said, and then continued, "kya chal rha hai Nandita? Zara hame samjha kya ho rha hai? Bunk maarna? Gaaliyan dena? Ladko se gandi gandi baate karna."

Nandita's eyes furrowed at the last part as she spoke up, "What do you mean ladko se gandi gandi baate karna? What the hell?"

"Tameez se baat kar Nandita aur tu ache se jaanti hai ham kaisi gandi gandi baato ki baat kar rhe hai." Anubhav spat sternly while Nandita scoffed, shaking her head.

"Merko genuinely nhi pata, please enlighten me." With a sarcastic tone and a complete lack of faith in Haseena's words, she scoffed at the idea. The teacher's complaints about other matters didn't bother her much but accusing her of engaging in inappropriate conversations with boys was a direct attack on her character—a stain she refused to accept. The most disheartening aspect was Haseena's unquestioning belief in the teacher's words, adding to the weight of the situation.

"You know like...disgusting stuff...that's what the teacher said." Haseena said hesitantly.

"And you believed her? Like wow? Kisi ne aapki beti ke character pe aise sawal uthaya, ek teacher ne, a teacher who hates me and barely knows me aur aap maan gaye? Wow mom, just wonderful." Nanda spat sarcastically as she felt on the verge of tears.

"Nanda, topic se mat divert kar. Agar baaki saari baate sach hai toh yeh wali jhuth kyun hogi?" Anubhav said rigidly while Nandita hopelessly shook her head.

"This isn't about what is true. This is about the fact ki koi anjaan aya aapki beti ke character pe dhabba daalke chala gaya and you did absolutely nothing except believing the person. What happened to the man jisne kaha tha ki meri betiyon ko koi kuch karke toh dikhaye. Dad, the teacher indirectly called me a fucking whore and you let her, in fact you believed her and have the fucking audacity to confront me about it. That sucks so fucking much." Nandita said giving him a look of betrayal as she stood up.

"Nandita sit down and mind your language." Anubhav said firmly.

"No I won't sit down. I'm too angry to sit down because you know what happened? A completely stranger woman called me a fucking whore in front of my parents and they said nothing but agreed with her. That hurts right?" she continued, slight tears brimming her eyes.

"Nandita aisa nhi hai..." Haseena began desperately but the younger girl cut her off.

"That's exactly what happened. Look even if it was true you weren't supposed to agree with her." Nandita said tears streaming down her face, "You were supposed to say that your daughter wouldn't do something like that, but you agreed with her mom, you didn't oppose her, you believed her. And that really hurts that my own parents think of me as a whore." the girl said crying while Haseena panicked, giving Anubhav a look who was always looking slightly worried at Nandita's breakdown.

The girl moved towards her room, holding the door and standing in front of her room she spoke up again, "And for the record, I am not even into guys in that way." she said, but as soon as the words slipped out of her mouth, she felt like the whole world was crashing down on her but she kept her pace, her eyes straying to waste bin, "And also for the record, I think being a whore runs in the family." she said looking straight at a silver condom packet lying in the trash before shutting the door behind her with a loud bang.

"Anu..." Haseena began in a panicked voice while Anubhav now looked too shocked to react.

"Haseena Ji, hamne kabhi iss view point se dekha hi nhi, sahi toh keh rhi hai woh, yeh aurat hai kaun and isko kisne hak diya hai hamari beti ke character pe sawal uthane ka? Baaki saari complaints thik hai but she had no right to say that." Anubhav said in one breath as if just realising the error of their ways.

"Anu nhi woh nhi, matlab haan woh bhi but woh nhi, jo Nanda ne abhi bola like I'm not even into guys that way." Haseena said, her eyes widening at the possibility.

"Arey nhi nhi Haseena Ji, usne gusse mein kaha hoga, agar aisa hota toh woh teacher aise kyun bolti." Anubhav said, as it suddenly clicked what type of disgusting stuff the teacher was probably talking about, even though she had no right to say that either.

"Haan aisa hi hoga, gusse mein keh diya." Haseena said nodding frantically, the couple finding solace in their delusions.

hi pls vote and comment <3

i kinda like this chapter, pls no parenting is perfect and everybody makes errors, no hate loves <33