Jyushimatsu and Reader

"Oh, there you are."

A smile swept over my lips as I lifted my head to see the purple-clad brother standing idly by the entrance to the aquarium.

The purple hoodie was left unzipped while the hood was pulled over the dark purple baseball cap keeping his dark hair hidden from view, the thick letters sewn on to spell 'CAT' just above the bill. His face mask was pulled down to rest underneath his bottom lip, ready just in case we encountered some aerial irritants. The dark sweatpants covering his legs only bore a purple upside down paw print with the number '4' printed just underneath, his feet wearing purple and white sneakers.

A blush graced my face when I realized he was wearing the shirt that I had gifted his brothers as a set: blue and white horizontal stripes, each brother having one stripe dyed their signature color.

"Ichimatsu, you look really nice," I partially hid the blush behind my hands as my palms pressed against my cheeks.

"Ah," The compliment seemed to throw him off, his hooded eyes widening a little before he glanced away, "...you're cute, too."

The yellow spring dress I wore was layered with a white short sleeve tee shirt underneath, the spaghetti straps a little too thin for my personal taste, while a comfortable pair of yellow strap sandals donned my feet.

"Thanks," I clutched at my purse in an effort to not act shy, "Shall we get our tickets?"

"Already bought them," Ichimatsu held up two tickets in his hand, tucking the other hand in a hoodie pocket, "Ready?"

I happily followed Ichimatsu's lead, watching the different aquatic life mind their own business while he guided me through the aquarium. His hand in mine was always firm, the odd display of physical touch seemingly out of character for Ichimatsu, but I didn't really mind it.

This date was supposed to be a benchmark for how comfortable we felt in a dating scenario.

I was more shocked that Ichimatsu was actually here, completely fearing that he'd run away like he had previously on the mock dates we made.

My eyes traveled from his shoulder to his hand around mine, a light smile dancing on my lips. Maybe he was giving us a chance.

"Oh, here we are!" The excited exclamation snapped my focus back up to Ichimatsu, seeing the slip of a wide grin on his lips, "You must be hungry after walking for a few hours. Want something?"

"...Sure," I offered a smile back, watching his expression carefully, "I can pay for the food since you covered my entry."

"If you're okay with that," Ichimatsu instantly lost his smile as it shrank into a closed-mouth grin, his head barely nodding at the offer. He released my hand as I moved towards one of the food shops, ordering for both of us and finding a table away from the growing crowd.

Ichimatsu slowly picked at the food, seemingly enjoying every bite. I had nearly finished mine by the time he ate half of his.

"Did I...get something wrong?"

His dark gaze widened in surprise, shaking his head instantly, "N-no, you didn't. It's just...I was wondering how the cats would react to being fed this."

"The cod? I'm not sure," My gaze switched to his food for a moment, "Maybe...maybe on the next date we can try giving them some?"

"Cod's good for cats, so I don't see a problem with it," He nodded, "...maybe next date."

The tone he spoke revealed volumes, my eyes partially closing as I lowered the last bite of my sandwich to the plate. Ichimatsu sounded unsure of his own words.