CHAPTER 22 ~ Carnival ~

I was bored and there was a carnival near me. I had to go check it out.

I was playing a carnival game when some random guy came up behind me. He was cute.

"Hey pretty lady." He said weirdly. Yah he was a creep.

"Hi." I say, making it obvious I wasn't intrested.

"Hey counter lady, let me win her something!" He says, snatching the toy out my hand. Can he leave me alone?

I try to walk away but he snatched my hand. "Stay." He says, sure of himself

Now I was creeped out. "I win this for you." He says, handing me the smallest teddy bear in the prize shelf. Not very impressive.

"Now you will hang with me" he says grabbing my arm.

"I don't want to." I say trying to let go.

"Stop it! Just stay with me." He says yanking me

"No weirdo" I said again.

"Hi babe! Leave her alone creep!" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around. It was Jeremiah.

He grabs me and takes me to the front of the carnival. "Are you ok?" He says, worried.

"Yah. I'm fine." I said.

He puts his arm around me. "You can be my girlfriend for the day, so no other creeps get you? If you want." He says.

"Who said it had to be pretend?" I say confidently.

"Your right. Let's go millie" he grabs my hand and kisses me on the cheek.

Did I get Jere back? Or did he think I was joking?

"Jere." I say after an hour.

"Yah?" He says again.

"Did you think I was joking back there? Or do you really want me back?" I said.

"Yah, I guess?" He says

"Good." I say. But it wasn't good. I meant it. I want him back.