⠀⠀⠀第6章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER SIX
Responsibilities
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀Sleepless was the King of Curses on that night; Wasting hours tossing & turning on his thin futon as the sunbeams slowly pierce through the satin curtains. To him, it was vivid — Suzu, the waves, the sand beneath his feet, and the sun-kissed girl stripped from nobility and the house of her Father. He grew restless at the thought of a life he could have lived, yet Sukuna also pictured war — the glory that comes in slaying his enemies, the liberation that comes with victory and his Master seated on the Empire's throne. Torn from desire, and responsibility — Ryōmen Sukuna began the morning with tired eyes, and a heart split in two.

Shiranui & Yūji arrived by summer dusk; greeted by the sun slowly taking its last breath as orange & pink hues wash over all that is known. Eve is to arrive soon, yet the Sasaki Estate is still bustling — servants cleaning, cooking or decorating. They run around the house in perfect synchronicity as if they were cogs in a machine. Men carrying baskets of vegetables & ingredients make their way to the kitchen before the ladies cook & prepare the feast for the night. Maids ran everywhere — decorating the main house, preparing the dining area and polishing all that is necessary. Everyone scrambles to their feet in a hectic fray, yet Yūji noticed — Ryōmen Sukuna is nowhere to be found.

"As expected of our young lady. Her beauty is truly unmatched!" When Yūji found himself wandering by the kitchen, he cannot help but overhear. The servants of the estate spoke of her with tenderness as if Sasaki Chiyo were their own. The women inside formed their small gossiping circle as they prepare delicacies — an ever-delighted smile over their lips.

"I heard the boy is handsome. Clever too, as well as from a wealthy family." Another one interjected as she wash the already-used pots & pans. "Oh, aren't you excited for our young lady? I do hope the Master approves of him." And her words were followed by a chorus of agreement, and giggles.

"Have you met the boy already?" A stern voice joins them. It came in like thunder, booming as it lands — accusations, and displeasure evident as it shocks them. From the kitchen's doorway stood a man. Tall & slender. Yūji assumed him to already be of age, for his calloused hands were already wrinkled as well as for the side of his eyes. His long hair were a mix of black & white as it was kept up in a tight ponytail. The man places a basket of spices on the kitchen floors, before leaning against the partition, and wiping his sweat using the sleeves of his kimono.

"Good evening to you, Jukai-san." One of the younger ladies greeted with a smile before her eyes fell back onto the vegetable she is preparing.

"There you go again being so strict with our young lady. She will not be a child forever." And the man they call Jukai took it with offense. His eyes widened, burned from the irritation of what he just heard, ready to argue with the ladies of the kitchen.

"She is fourteen. She is still a child now! Why, if I were the Master, I would have chased that pompous suitor out of our estate." He declared, determination in his voice, "—With my finest katana, I would." He added, earning a few giggles from the ladies over his protectiveness.

"Our young lady has already bled. Other aristocrats would have been married by then."

"Exactly. And Jukai-san, who would you rather our young lady marry? That errand boy, Sukuna?"