⠀⠀⠀第9章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER NINE
She, Who Invites
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Itadori Yūji felt it too. A burning sensation brewing within him — flames, tragedies, and catastrophes born of seethe rising above his chest as he watches an image of a love affair under the summer night. Gods would tremble before a young boy's rage, or maybe it is the god within him, a primordial deity stirring what lies beneath.

Hiragi Shigeru is not one to wear his heart under his sleeves, yet the image of a lowborn pointing a steel blade before him, and his future bride was enough to dare his facade of indifference. Known for his calm demeanor & fox-like eyes, it is a rarity to witness the young noble with clenched fists, and sporting a half-smile. Itadori Yūji understood the boy's sentiments. If he were a noble, he would not take too kindly the way a mere servant boy is glaring daggers at him with a head held high and an arrogant blade pointed at his direction. Any noble would have taken great offense, but Yūji is quite used with Sukuna's arrogance and confidence. He was quite certain however, that Hiragi Shigeru is at the brink of losing his temper, yet the boy only exhaled as a mean for composure . A lopsided smile found its way back to his lips as he took his hold off of Chiyo, with only a hand at her wrist as they face the servant boy.

"Quite a rude fellow, are you? You dare call your Master by her first name?" Hiragi Shigeru mocked with a chuckle before turning his attention towards Sasaki Chiyo. "Lady Sasaki, I was not made aware that your household kept unruly mutts. You should have told my Father, for we can always lend you better people and I cannot allow lowly servants to disrespect you."

Ryōmen Sukuna was nothing, but a child then. Therefore, when Hiragi Shigeru held Chiyo as if he is protecting her from a wild beast as he spoke vile words, the boy felt the gap between of their societal rank. Ah yes, Shigeru is right. Sukuna is only a lowborn afterall — disposable and held no fortune or property. The disheartened look on his eyes were a rare sight even if it disappeared in mere seconds. Ryōmen Sukuna would never show weakness.

"What is your name, boy?" Shigeru questioned with the same amused smile, "Slice my hand off, you say? I will have you beheaded!"

With those words, Yūji saw the panic in her eyes. His well-being will always elicit a reaction from her. With trembling pupils, and a firm grip to his hand, Sasaki Chiyo opens her mouth to come between the two hot-headed youths yet Sukuna spoke first.

"A noble... How typical. I doubt a sheltered boy like you can behead me himself."

Shigeru did not expect such a bold response that the boy was quite taken aback by it. However, his hand departs from Chiyo's wrist, a smile on his lips as he reach for the hilt of a katana placed by his hip. "Is that a challenge?"

Panic-struck Chiyo knew of the outcome for there is only one. Anxiously, she tightens her grip at the boy's wrist. A warning. "I beg of you." She spoke, "Do not do this."

Hiragi Shigeru smiled. A calm, comforting smile as if to remind her that he will be alright. A foolish sentiment more than anything, yet Itadori Yūji understood what the boy stood for. Sukuna's familiarity to her is not only an insult to Chiyo, but to the nobility as well. "Do not fret, Lady Sasaki. I am quite skilled, and a miscreant's brute swordwork is nothing to a noble's blade."

The look in her eyes should be telling enough. Chiyo caught a glimpse of the soldier standing before them too. It is not simply about her anymore for the noble provoked Sukuna beyond simple childish jealousy and overprotectiveness. His skill is never to be underestimated — a lesson, Hiragi Shigeru will learn later on.