⠀⠀⠀第13章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
The Healer. The Master. The Goddess
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The faint scent of medicinal herbs became a part of his mundane as the earthly and bitter tones were the only thing to fill the emptiness of the room. Distaste rolls off his tongue whenever the familiarity greets him, for it is a constant reminder of his predicament, of weakness, and those who brought down a sword above his head. A knock on his door would come occasionally — maybe three or four times in a single day, and beyond it is always Jukai. No other servant had the heart to care for the wounded boy aside from this old grumpy man who echoes the room with the sound of his scoldings.

It is a morning in early autumn however, when the sliding doors open and behind it was the local physician. The young sorcerer knew of him — an elderly man he would occasionally see in the nearby village. Ryūtaro respected him greatly, frequently providing donations to his small clinic in order to provide free care towards the people of Hida. They call him Satoshi-sensei.

"Good morning." Satoshi greets in his usual business-like tone. A mix of coldness and concern for the young boy. "I see you're now able to sit upright." The elder points out before entering the room. Behind him, as always is the servant they call Jukai. Silently, he follows Satoshi, carrying a tray of medicine for the boy's bandages.

"How are you feeling today, Sukuna-san?" The physician asks, his eyes scanning for any abnormality that could raise concern.

"Fine." Sukuna answers shortly despite the ache in his body to uphold his current position. "I told Master there is no need to call the town physician. I will heal gradually."

"Pay no mind to him." Jukai finally interrupts, setting down the tray of medicine by the boy's side. "His body still aches. He is quite sleepless these days for he refuses to take the medicine you prescribed."

Sukuna's scowl was frightening. Though, for Jukai, he only brushed it off. "I have troubled the master enough. There is no need for all of this. I shall return to the field once my mobility stabilizes." The boy proudly announces.

"I understand your concern, Sukuna-san." Satoshi was the one to retort this time, gazing at the boy with both sympathy and annoyance over his refusal to receive help. "I admire your desire to return to your duties. However, I can assure you that Lord Sasaki only wants what's best for you. Medicine is expensive, I agree. Nonetheless, these herbs will fasten your recovery. To ignore my orders will only cause the Master more trouble."

Sukuna turns away from them, an ever stubborn kid who refuses to listen. If only Izanami would listen... he thought to himself, the face of the goddess occupying him, wandering why she is suddenly so silent when he needed her the most. Lost in his thoughts, it is Jukai's words that were able to turn his attention back to them.

"Why can't you just listen, you shitty brat?!" Jukai scolded, turning Sukuna's mood more foul than it already is. "Refuse the medicine one more time and I will force it down your throat. You are needed in the front lines! Your speedy recovery would benefit the people you are supposed to protect. Our people. The people of Hida!"

And maybe that is all that is needed to be said, for Sukuna's silence echoes throughout the room. Yet, what's loudest is his soft answer, barely audible, and only under his breath. "Fine. Whatever you say, shitty geezer."