⠀⠀⠀第14章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
The Child of Calamity
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀Within the ivory towers of Heian-kyo, the voices of courtmen would linger with pity whenever they speak of the province up north. The Isolated Mountains as they proclaimed — for a treacherous journey awaits any who dares to seek it. However, they would also speak of it with blatant disgust for within the sharp peaks of the northern alps lies a malevolent deity or at the very least, there once was. Therefore, the northern province never bloomed. It is destitute — barely able to provide their offerings to the capital city, barely able to afford the protection of the shamans. The nobility deemed it to be a region of scarcity, and therefore never wasted breath or consideration to rule over the rotting mountains until Sasaki Ryūtaro, the scorned prince of the late dynasty, was bestowed with the Hida Province.

The Northern Region could have been a gold mine! The crocodiles with their leathered skin, sitting on golden thrones once proclaimed. For the Hida Region's dense forest & rushing rivers could have been abundant with natural resources. Hida could have prospered — their land known for hunting & woodworkers, if only the deity did not appear. The shamans of Heian-kyo knew of Izanami, knew the tale of an unfortunate cursed spirit dwelling within the mountain ranges of the northern alps. Death & calamity trails her every step, forever cursing the region and its people with rot and sickness.

Those of Hida knew of the old hearsay. Once, there was a village hidden within the mountains — a peculiar one inhabited by an illegal clan of shamans. They were practitioners of witchcraft or so, that is what everyone assumed. Not once have they descended from their mountains therefore people believed them to be followers of the Goddess that haunted their lands. The people of Hida would say that it is these people who summoned the calamity wreaking havoc in their region.

However, mere hearsay is far from what lies beyond these forests. From this village, once born is a boy. The eldest son of the village leader, conceived only to be sacrificed. They believed it would appease the goddess to finally leave their mountains, and allow Hida to prosper once more. This peculiar boy must be given while covered in the blood of his Mother for death is his birthright, and so as foretold, death became Ryōmen Sukuna's birthright.

As the child cry lying on the pedestal at the center of the village, fire awaits him. To be burned as the goddess once were, and to be taken to the underworld. That is the price to pay to finally rid of the malevolence killing their home. As they believed, the great deity Izanami appeared before them. Ghoulish, yet ethereally regal with pale skin, long flowing hair, and a satisfied smile. She did not speak a word as she watch the crying infant's flesh burn with sacrificial flames. However, as the chanting reached its crescendo, and as the goddess extend a hand to accept their gift, a thin veil surrounds the child. Instead of succumbing to the darkness of the deity, the infant emitted a soft light, countering the malign aura of Izanami.

With that, the air crackled with cursed energy, swirls of sacrificial flames & ethereal light pulsing, drowning the space until it suddenly vanishes. When the vision cleared, the shamans can only gaze in awe and disbelief — for this infant who can barely lift his own head deflected & absorbed the might of the great Izanami. And in that moment, it became clear — the Child of Calamity has been born.