⠀⠀⠀第15章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Young Blood
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀      Amidst autumn when the leaves flourished brown, the cicadas lay asleep, the warm winds find its way back south and the beginning of the end commences — there it is once again, a boy reborn. It was to no surprise. His miracles are mundane now— strength always expected as adversity is the one who fears him. Fractured bones, irreparable scars, and broken humanity is nothing to a god like Sukuna. The people of Hida used to say that you can burn him at the stake, yet he will emerge scorched and wielding the same flame.

The Child of Calamity was tortured ! It spread through the villages like wildfire— a mix of gratefulness, disgust, and glee echoing in local tea shops & taverns. Some sing praises to the Lords living in Takayama, while others took it with great disrespect for how dare these nobles harm a soldier from their lands. Nevertheless, despite the begrudging hatred within their hearts, the people of Hida felt somewhat relieved to hear of Ryōmen Sukuna's return. After all, to bear his malevolent presence is the price to pay for their land to flourish.

However, as the mountains shed the last of its verdant spirit, such gossip & retellings became old controversies. What echoes through the local hubs now is their hero's homecoming. After months of his absence, Zen'in Kazue has finally returned to the mountains he gave his heart to. The maidens of Hida were ecstatic to hear of the handsome noble's return for they wonder if they can ever capture his heart; while young boys clamor with excitement & anticipation over witnessing the renowned Hero of Hida. As days swiftly pass however, the people of Hida started recognizing two new shamans tailing behind Kazue's favorite student.

⛩️

By the edge of their borders, across the ocean-villages of Suzu is a conflict. Steel clashing against one another, cursed energy filling the atmosphere as the scent of blood envelops the gates of a targeted village. The King of Curses is by their frontline— an overwhelming presence slashing through the throats & guts of invaders, and behind him standing proudly are the young soldiers of the Hounds. Sasaki Ryūtaro blessed him with the authority to lead, and within his small band of blooming shamans are two nobel-born sorcerers from the capital.

There was Hideyoshi of the Zen'in Clan. A bright spirit embodying the mischief of youth with his toothy smile, and reckless strength, fighting off their opponents with only his fists. Then, there was Kenshin of the Miyamoto Clan with his usual lazy eyes yet breakneck talents with a katana. Deemed to be failures of the Sorcery School, people of the capital thought it was only fitting for these weak sorcerers to lay their allegiance to the rotting mountains of the Hida Province. Meant to be a mockery sent to Sasaki Ryūtaro's lands without knowing that this is the very place they needed to be in order to bloom.

"Hide, watch out!" Kenshin yells in urgency as he forcefully pulls his blade from the stomach of their opponents, with pupils trembling in fear for before him is Hideyoshi whose back is turned from the axe of an opponent.

And Hide turns, death greeting him in the form of a dull blade, yet death did not come for his throat that day. Swiftly, their leader has already cleaved the opponent before him, securing his safety. Ryōmen Sukuna gazes at Zen'in Hideyoshi with annoyance, rolling his eyes over these noble weaklings who he was tasked to babysit. "Pay attention, brat." He scowls before immediately moving through numerous opponents, leaving trails of agonizing bodies.