⠀⠀⠀第10章

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
CHAPTER TEN
For Those We Cherish
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( KISMET ! )

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀In the quiet of Mt. Kurobegorō lay asleep — a boy, not older than 15. Beyond him shone brightly, the yellow rays of warm sunlight, and below is the comfort of soft green grass. A calm wind sways the loose strands of pinkish hair as the mountain generously offer tranquility and rest. A sensation he has not known since a certain summer night.

The boy often dreams of her or maybe these are only retellings of a childhood. As he slumbers, before him will always stand a young girl wearing a white kimono. Flushed cheeks, bright eyes, and divine smiles. A girl he has known his entire life. If he could lay asleep forever, then he would, yet reality is cruel, and Ryōmen Sukuna awakes once more to find himself alone.

"Yikes. Seems like he had a rough couple weeks." Shiranui chuckles at the odd teenage boy standing beside her. An ever-curious boy who bears the same face as her cruel master.

"Have you never had a lover?" She asks in amusement before Yūji turns to her in embarrassment as he shakes his head in shame.

"You haven't?" Surprise was evident within the cold of her voice. A smile lingering for this unversed shaman standing by her.

"You are 17, are you not? Most noble men would have had a wife by then." She teased, causing the boy's face to bloom with embarrassment even more.

"Well," Shiranui went on. "That is what happens when you lose a cherished one. It will drive you to ruin." Her eyes turned to Ryōmen Sukuna — still a young boy in deep slumber, a look of peace as he does so, while he lives within dreams with her. "... I would know."

"So, this is where you are you little shit!" Unfortunately, as our two observers turn their heads — a man stood before Sukuna's peaceful slumber. Sporting the Hounds' usual garment is Taku. A general within the resistance, acting as their leader, and Sukuna's senior.

An eye barely opens, unable to comprehend the surroundings. Yūji can easily distinguish the annoyance in the King of Curse's demeanor, and the outcome is never a pleasant one whenever he shows a face as so.

However, Sukuna wakes. He stretches his arms lazily as if he were a cat, yawns, before meeting the eyes of Taku. A bored expression is all that he could offer. Nowadays, he is hardly interested in anything.

"Taku-senchou." He greets, slurring words as he stood upright to bow his head in acknowledgment, and forced respect. "Have you come to announce my execution, or perhaps you are my executioner?" The lightness in his words were an insult, making a vein appear on the elder's temple.

"As much as I would love that, no. You are only being summoned. The young master has come home."

"Am I not already exiled for my doings?"
"Of course not. Master Ryūtaro holds you in high esteem despite what you are. You have already been pardoned." Taku grits his teeth, unable to bring out the last few pieces.

Yūji expected more from him — light & life to be brought back to his current indifference or a simple smile would have suffice. Yet, Sukuna only lowered his head — a sarcastic, bitter smile washing over him. "Is that it? Chi has summoned me? Her new husband allowed her to do so?"

"Spare me the melodramatics, Sukuna." Taku retorts, exasperated. "If only you did not offend Lord Hiragi, our young lady would have been married by now— and that's Lady Chiyo, you insolent fool!"