The Rest of The Team

~Chapter 4~

.

.

.

"We gotta get away from here"

.

.

.

Y/N's Point Of View~

A group of people appeared from the elevator and walked into the room we were in. One of them took hold of my duffle bag and opened it. 'Do these guys understand the concept of privacy?' In my mind, I questioned. I locked my gaze on the man wearing a blue suit, a red cape, and an "S" on his chest. I recognized him; what was his name? Superman or Clark Kent? Bitch is an alien from another planet that can only be killed with a certain substance...kryptonite. "How come there are clothes, knives, and a few guns in this bag?" Clark inquired.

Everyone gave me a strange look when they saw the duffel bag that I brought with me. "Sir, that's my emotional support weapon collection," I remarked nonchalantly, a tight smile on my face. The elevator door reopened, and Bruce Wayne entered, he didn't seem intimidated by my glare. He looked around before looking at me.

"You're an Avenger?" The man asked. Everyone turned to look at the man, then back to me.

"You know her?" Tony questioned Bruce, glaring at him while Bruce did the same. He nodded slightly.

"I know her enough," Bruce stated. "She's impetuous and daring, a little too bold and way too fearless." I considered what he said. Yep, that sounds about right. His adoptive and (one) biological sons appeared behind him.

I ignored everyone else while they were talking. I was dressed casually: cloak, a shirt I can fight in, leggings, and regular tennis shoes. Then Bruce Wayne walked in wearing a suit...I rolled my eyes. We need to go to Germany for something called the Tesseract, I overheard. Thor's brother possesses it and is stupid enough to throw a party. Out of all the places I've visited as an assassin, I've never been to Germany.

We were soon dismissed to select a room, after which we had a couple of hours to prepare. I decided to wait until everyone had found a place to stay. I went down to the tower's "workout/gym" section. I need to work on my fundamental self-defense skills. I headed straight for the punching bag, without bothering to wrap my knuckles in gauze and tape or put on boxing gloves that were provided. My knuckles were bruised and bloodied after about twenty minutes of constant striking. Instead of pausing to address my injuries, I chose to practice my kicks. When I kicked the bag, after two minutes, it broke. I swear that wasn't even a hard kick!

When I heard someone enter the room, I turned around to see Steve. He seems tense, but I would be if I were trapped under ice for seventy years. "Are you going to stop staring at me? I don't really like that look," Steve said, attempting to seem more authoritative. I kept staring at him before returning my gaze to the busted bag.

"I'm not sure what you're on about, Captain. It's the only look I got," I replied while picking up the bag and throwing it away. I then realized I needed to preen my feathers. "Has everyone found a room?" I inquired, hoping for a positive response.

"Yes, the only available room is located far away from everyone else. So everyone agreed that you should remain in one of our rooms in case of an emergency-" Steve began, and this had to be the source of his anxiety...the rest of the team was forcing him to tell me that I had to be roommates with someone.

"No thanks. I'll have my own room, and I'd be delighted to take the room far away from all of you," I said as I walked out of the room. I rapidly flew in the direction of my room. I walked in and hurriedly locked the doors. There was a large bed, a good-sized wardrobe, a pretty nice bathroom, and some intriguing technology...

However, it is not my room in my residence. I decided to unpack and prepare.

Time Skip-

The plan was for me to walk in, gain Loki's attention, and then everyone else would do the work. I rolled my eyes under my mask. I find it...hilarious that they believe they can irritate me for years, ask for my help, and refuse to let me execute my actual job. I've chosen to go about things my own way. I was dressed in a lovely formal/party outfit that covered my wings, mostly black with F/C. Under the clothing, I was wearing my combat kimono, but the others didn't need to know. In the ship Nick Fury tossed me on, there were just Steve, Natasha, Bruce Banner, and yours truly.

So, this is the plan I came up with.

Step One: Enter the party and locate Loki.

Step Two: Wait for Loki to approach me.

Step Three: Have a little conversation with him, and perhaps attempt to get him to consume a few drinks.

Step Four: Steal the Tesseract when he least expects it.

Step Five: Fly away from everyone and return to the Avengers Tower. Is this going to be a rough flight? It is, indeed. Why? Well, not only is it going to be a cold and long flight...but everyone will be after my ass for not following the plan.

"Y/N, do you remember the plan?" Natasha questioned as she shifted in her seat. I nodded politely in her direction. I remember their plan that they discussed while I was training...a plan I never agreed on.

I felt my phone vibrate and saw that Emily was calling.

I picked up the phone and heard some sniffling. "Emily, sweetheart...are you okay?" I asked. I thought she got hurt or did something to anger Jade. Jade always had a problem controlling her anger.

"I-I was looking through one of your-your old books that h-h-has a lot of your writing in it..." Emily began to wail and whimper. I then realized Emily went through my journal. Except for my trauma, there was nothing unpleasant in it. I gave Emily a small hum to let her know I was still listening. I wasn't furious or mad. I mean, she's only six, she probably doesn't understand most of it. It's how I stay so calm; I wrote down every sensation or idea of feeling I had. Journaling has aided me in several ways. I'm just not sure why she's sobbing. "O-Our parents...Wh-Who..." I waited patiently for Emily to say what she wanted to say.

I felt my heart stop and my eyes widened when I heard what Emily asked.

"W-Who were you before they broke your heart?" 

3rd Person Point of View~

What Y/N didn't know was Bruce Wayne put something in her phone, so everyone on the team was listening to the whole conversation.