Chapter 23

"No!!!" I screamed as the necklace hit the floor. "How could you?" I yelled at him, hitting him but he just laughed. He’s crazy. " I really don't know what I saw that made me like you in the first place. I regret the day I started liking you cause you’re just a crazy person." I told him and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

I bent and picked up the broken necklace and headed downs stairs. On my way down the hall towards where our families sat, I saw a mirror. I looked flushed and pale and my lips are swollen and they had a small bite mark on them. My neck had scratch marks where the pendant used to be and a ugly red bruise mark that lined where the necklace was very forcefully cut.

I pushed my gown to cover the ugly forming bruise and zipped up Kal’s jacket and hugged myself. The bruise and scratches have been hidden, I can always keep my lip in my mouth. As I got downstairs, Lewis was the first to see me.

"Hey Orla, how was the house tour?" He smiled lightly. I just went and crashed into him. "Cupid, what’s wrong?" He rephrased his early question.

"It’s nothing Lew. He took me so high to their roof, I was scared I’ll fall and it was cold. I croaked into his chest, then he held me very protectively obviously getting the hint that I was lying.

While the others just laugh at how childish I was being, Lew held me still till it was time to leave. When Cyril got back downstairs, I hid behind Lewis and he noticed the charged tension between myself and Cyril.

Once we were save in Lewis' car while mother and Alfie took another, Lew asked me. "What was that about?"

"Cyril is obsessed with me, not the love kind, the other kind. Even after knowing about us becoming family, he just won’t stop saying 'I love you'. He said he didn’t care we were becoming family, he also claimed I belonged to him, apart from being scared about the height from the floor on the roof...the light in his eyes made me want to pee myself." I explained picking my words carefully. It’s a good thing Lewis was driving if not he would have noticed that all that I said was not all.

"Okay Cyril needs help. Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"I can manage." I replied then Lew smiled.

"That’s my girl." I managed a small smile back at him, even though deep down I was still shaken up. "I’ll talk to Cyril and put him in line."

My small smile got even bigger. "Thank you Lew."

"Anytime sweetheart." He increased his speed and we got home in no time. Everyone sat and talked about the wedding and how close it was.

I got a text from Kal asking if we were back yet and I told him we were. Alfie’s wedding to his three month old pregnant fiance is in two months. There’s an invitation to make and send, the shopping and every other thing a wedding entails. I’ll let the grown ups handle it.

"Mother, Alfie, Lew I’m really tired now and I need to rest. If you will excuse me please." I told them.

“Sure darling, come kiss me good night." Mother said and I smiled going to kiss her.

"Me too, Princess." Alfie called and I went to give him a kiss.

"Make that three kisses." I groaned with a smile and they laughed. I went and gave Lewis a kiss too.

"Goodnight, I love you." I called to them as I left for my room. I entered and sighed bringing my broken necklace to my chest. I locked my door and moved closer to my bed. Then I heard a familiar knock on my window. I went and opened the window.

"I bring with me good news." He chirped and I smiled hugging him.

"Really?"

"Hmm, I was called earlier and given the news that I’d been given a scholarship to U of A for my basketball skill." Kal said with a bright smile.