s e v e n

✰✰✰

When we all arrived at the quarry, we all took our clothes off, except what was underneath our clothing.

I was just sitting on a rock, reading a book while the others were having a contest.

"Come on, Marcie. Join us." Richie says. "Um, no, thank you." I say as I glance over at Richie, then my book. "So, who's going first?" Stan asks. I stand up and walk over to them. "I'll go!" I hear a voice in the distance. It's Beverly. She removes her dress and runs to the cliff. "Sissies." She says with a smile before she jumps into the water.

"What the fuck!" Richie yells. "Holy shit, we just got shown up by a girl." Richie adds.

"Do we all have to do that now?" Stan asks. "I'll go next." I say. Then, I jump off the cliff and into the water.

All of the others follow behind me.

- - -

We are all splashing each other with the water. Out of nowhere, Richie splashes me with water, then I splash him back and shove him underwater.

"Marcie, come on!" Stan shouts to me. He wants me to be his partner in a game of chicken. I get on top of his shoulders, and I try to shove Beverly off of Bill. I manage to shove her off, but I also fall backward in the process.

I try to shove Eddie under water, but he manages to shove me first.

- - -

Beverly lays on a towel and sunbathes. Everyone else is staring at her, but I just sit against a rock and read my book that I was reading earlier.

"Why the fuck are you all just staring at her?" I ask them. Beverly then turns her head to look at them, but then they all look away. I let out a little laugh, but nobody heard me.

"News flash, Ben, schools put for summer." Richie says as he digs through Ben's backpack. "Who sent you this?" Richie asked as he held up a card with writing in it. "Nobody." Ben replied, then took it away from him.

"What's with the history project?" Eddie asks as Richie holds a folder of Derrys history.

"Well, when I moved here, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with, so I just started spending some time in the library." Ben replied. I walk over and sit on the rock everyone else was sitting on.

"You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie retorts.

"Oh, I wanna see." Beverly says as she gets up. She sits next to Bill on the rock.

"What's the black spot?" Stan asks. "The black spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist club." Ben replied. "I like your new hair, Beverly." I said to her with a smile. "Thank you." She said with a grin. "Yeah, I like it too." Bill said. "Same here." Said Ben.

"Can I see it?" Richie says. He flips through a few pages. "Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asked. "Derry's not like any town I have ever been in before. I did studying once, and it turns out people die or disappear 6 times the national average." Ben says. "Oh my gosh. That is terrible." I say. "Agreed." Eddie said.

"But that's just grown-ups. Kids are worse, way worse." Ben adds.

"I've got more stuff if you wanna see it." Ben said. Eddie tried to shake his head 'no'. I could see he was already frightened.