Chapter Thirteen:

**Brian**

**Brian**

The last time Kay and I spent an entire day tangled in each other's arms was before the twins were born. That's how our day went, slipping into night, moving from the couch to the floor. We paused for a few hours to take care of our kids, holding them and cuddling them, giving them fresh baths to help them sleep.

Adonis and Paris loved every second of the attention, happily giggling in our relaxed states. Maybe it was because we gave ourselves attention, releasing the tension of fear and terror from our bodies. I admit, yesterday, I was horrified, blaming myself, trying my hardest not to think of the worst. But Kay was fine, our children were safe, I just needed to keep it that way.

I know who I need to talk to.

When the sun came in through our bedroom window, I passed my hand over my face and looked over at the cribs. Paris was still asleep, but Adonis stood, holding the side, and he grinned at me.

Spit slid onto his lip as he laughed.

"Hey, big guy," I said as I looked back at the other side of the bed, seeing Kay not there. I looked at Adonis with lifted brows. "Where's mommy?"

He babbled a second, then bounced in his bed. I laughed. "Okay, she's up. I got that part." Pushing up from the bed, I walked over to Adonis' crib and scooped him up. Patting his nose once, I smiled. "Do you know where she is? Can you show me?"

He looked at me with his bright hazel eyes and babbled for a second. I grinned. "All right, go for it."

Putting him on the floor, I watched as he walked a bit before deciding it was too much and proceeded to crawl. I followed him out of the room and into the living room where the smell of freshly cooked breakfast filled the space. Sniffing at the air, I glanced over at the stove at Kay, who hummed as she cooked, wearing only one of my old tees; I knew this because I clearly saw her thighs up to the cuff of her butt.

Lifting my brows, I bit my lip, scooped up Adonis so I placed him in his playpen, then walked over to my beautiful wife. I slid my hand along her side until I flattened it against her belly. "Morning," I whispered against her neck.

She hummed as she leaned back against me. "Morning," she replied.

I looked at the frying pan with cheesy eggs. "That looks good."

"Mhm, think all of us could use a good breakfast today. The babies love cheese, so."

"They do." I kissed the top of her head as I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. "I know I said I was going to be home today, but I'm going to step out for a little, to handle something."

Slowly turning, Kay peered up at me. "Like?"

I blinked. "What happened yesterday needs to be sorted out, right? I just need to make sure you'll be okay here."