Twenty-Two:

**Kay**

**Kay**

"Okay, what do we need to do?" I looked up at Leeny as I bit my lip. "Does he need anything from me?"

"Right, right." Still on the phone with her father, Leeny pushed her hands into her hair. She faced the TV I hadn't turned on. Should I? It would be a distraction. "Dad, what do you need from Kay?" she asked.

I heard a quiet echo from her phone, but I couldn't make out what he said to her. Leeny turned and faced me. "He can trace Brian's location. Did he take his phone?"

I frowned but I wasn't sure. Rushing into the bedroom, I saw Brian's phone still charging on the nightstand. I cursed under my breath and looked at Leeny. "It's here... that won't work."

"Fuck, okay. Dad, he doesn't have it. What else can we do?"

I leaned against the doorframe and rubbed my arms. I kicked myself. Why? There wasn't anything I can do. I couldn't stop Noah; it was too dangerous to try. I was just worried sick... what if we couldn't find him? If I hadn't talked to Noah, if I had known...

Quick knocks came at the door. My head snapped up. My heart hammered. Panic gripped my lungs as Leeny walked to the door like it was nothing. "WAIT—" I cried.

She looked back at me and frowned. "Sorry," she said, "when I came this way, we called Kyle and Shawn, too. Rianne will probably be here."

My mouth hung open as I calmed down. "What...?"

"We figured the more people on the hunt, the better." As she smiled, phone still on her ear, she unlocked the door. Kyle stood outside of it, both hands leaning against either side of the door. He lifted his head and looked at Leeny when he could. Then he glanced at me. He tried to smile but his frown overpowered it.

"Man, can we go in? Or are you just going to stand there? Damn." Shawn pushed his way inside, knocking Kyle's arm off of the door. When the two of them laugh so did I. A little laughter was good.

Once they stepped inside the condo, Kyle turned and locked the door behind him. Shawn walked over to Leeny, planting a soft kiss on her cheek before coming over to me. Immediately, he grabbed me in a tight hug. I squeezed him back.

"We're going to find him," he said, before stretching his arms out so he could look at my face. "It's going to be okay."

I smiled. I needed this kind of positivity. It was better everyone was here. If I was alone, I would've had dark, negative thoughts. With my friends, I could manifest a good outcome. I needed that.

"Okay, yeah, we just need a number." Leeny came over to me and frowned. "A phone number is the easiest way to track Brian. Maybe Noah's phone? I don't know if Brian would've had his number at all. Or—oh! Maybe from the shop6 system. He placed an order, right?"

Phone numbers? "Oh!" I hurried back to the nightstand inside out . Brian had crumbled Noah's business card, but it was still legible. I scooped up the ruined paper and hurried back to the living room. "I have Noah's card!"