Twenty-Four:

** Brian**

** Brian**

Darkness took over Noah's gaze. "So, you see, I saw her and man! I thought, hey this is perfect! I can do this!" He let my collar go. "I grabbed her and took her to an alley—"

I squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't need to hear this. He admitted to it, got it; but to give me the details? "Stop," I huffed.

"I know you wanted the ring back and thought of cutting off her finger but that was barbaric, right? I made sure to keep it for ya." He opened his fist. In the center of his palm was Katerina's ring; gold with a diamond setting, her initials engraved on the inside. My eyes widened as I stared at him in shock.

"I wanted to make it quick, but man, did she want to talk." Noah sighed.

"Stop." Tears burned in my eyes. Why was he making me relive this? He killed her. Was this apart of his thrill?

Noah smirked. "She cried and cried and begged me not to hurt her."

Tears slid down my cheeks. I didn't want to picture Katerina like that. Noah had taken my drunk ramblings as permission to commit murder and I—fuck!

Noah grabbed my shirt again. "Whyd you want her gone, Brian? She was pregnant with your baby."

Every part of me stopped. All I heard was my pounding heart, my rushing blood, and distant screams; my inner torment. Pregnant? "What?" I tugged at my restraints.

"She smiled when she said it, ya know. Tears were everywhere but she was smiling. She said she hoped the baby had your eyes."

I pulled at my wrists. The rope burned but loosened. Every part of me was fueled by rage. Katerina was pregnant. She loved me. And Noah—

"I was tired of the babbling and crying; so, I killed her. Stab!" He laughed, stood and turned to the window. His back was to me as he pretended to hold a knife and peered out into the night sky. "Stab, stab, stab!"

My ropes came undone. He continued to laugh, unaware that I was free. So, I lunged. "BITCH!"

My forearm slammed into the back of his neck. He catapulted forward, his face slammed against the glass. The sound of his pain grunt reverberated through because—good! I needed this fucker to feel pain. As he slid down to the floor, his discomfort hiss turned back into laughter. Gritting my teeth, I pulled all the strength I had left, fueled by adrenaline, and flipped him over. His wide eyes peered up at me as his red cheeks inflated with delight; the cut on his forehead didn't faze him.

"You're all emotional," he cackled. "You moved on, Brian. You have a wife, you have kids, but you're still holding onto the past—"

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and slammed him into the ground. The gentle ping of a ring landing on the floor echoed. I glanced back and watched it roll away from us. Katerina's ring. My chest tightened.